• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Totally unrelated I know, but that has reminded me of the 70's image of a black leather clad Suzi Quatro belting out "Can the can" !
That thought is not good for the heart.
:)

Grecian68

DJ Steve Wright dies aged 69. RIP. Gobsmacked! ☹
Really sad news, grew up listening to him

Rosencrantz

No more Serious Jockin' (no g) 😟

Tim Long

No more Serious Jockin' (no g) 😟
No, just serious mournin' (no g)

Tim Long

Latest radio show in heaven: Steve Wright in the After Life

Mr Jinx

The Body Shop...

...gone under.

It's like the eighties died today :(

grecIAN Harris

Genuinely saddened and shocked of the death of Steve. He was my sound track on the way home from school and college. For those of us on the road, the radio is your friend and Steve was the best part on it every day. Even a Sunday morning lie in...........tea and marmalade on toast with the Missus and Sunday Love Songs playing in the background, He played such a wide range of music in style and age. The radio won't be the same without him.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Listening to everyone about their memories of Steve Wright, From colleagues, listeners and others, He did seem a decent bloke off the air. You always want that from people who are well known but some turn out to be right sods, In Wrighty's case its seems like what you saw/listened to is what you got. I do remember seeing him in Bude when Radio 1 did the summer roadshows and he said he'd have to turn off the crowd mike because of the bad language!

I've stopped listening to Radio 2 because now, Its like the 90's version of Radio 1, Win Ken Bruce leaving and now this sad news, Its just not for me anymore. RIP Wrighty, Along with the brilliant late Kenny Everett one of the best.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheerful, friendly and a bit daft radio show which reflected the man himself. There's a place for that in this harsh and often unpleasant world and a void now he's gone. Thanks Steve for the uncomplicated light entertainment you provided so well for many a year. RIP

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

I've stopped listening to Radio 2 because now, Its like the 90's version of Radio 1, Win Ken Bruce leaving and now this sad news, Its just not for me anymore. RIP Wrighty, Along with the brilliant late Kenny Everett one of the best.
The BBC/Steve Wright thing just seemed emblematic of the where they're at and the times.

Steve Wright was a bit cookey and whether you loved him or hated him, there was character there. Now compare that to the beige inoffensive wallpaper that calls itself Scott Mills.

Anyway, before I go down the other rabbit hole...all I'll say is....it's definitely the end of an era. :(