• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Indeed. 'Twas the Sun headline iirc ...

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mark you 'Bloody Well Right' there.

Mind you, it was the Super tramp who won the 79 election that went on to commit the industrial Crime of the Century

Still, I suppose I've always been a bit of a Dreamer

Last edited:

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
I hope you find your paradise.

MikeGrecian

Kev and Danny,laid off today with no notice.R.I.P their livelihoods.:(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've had a bottle of champagne chilling for the last 15 years for such a day (not the same one obviously). Thoughts with the miners, lost communities, lost livelihoods, lost lives through her policies. Why she hated the working class, we can only imagine, treated it with contempt or was patronising of it. Maybe some more of the real truth will now come out.

BBC typically showing its right wing bias today, a full reminder that it is firmly part of the establishment.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC typically showing its right wing bias today, a full reminder that it is firmly part of the establishment.
Really! so why is it Margaret Thatcher said, "I have fought three elections against the BBC and don't want to fight another against it."

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Really! so why is it Margaret Thatcher said, "I have fought three elections against the BBC and don't want to fight another against it."
Any excuse to have a go at the BBC. Anything to keep it on track with that kind of pressure. She divided a nation, where did you get the sense of that today from the BBC? Absolutely no where.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any excuse to have a go at the BBC. Anything to keep it on track with that kind of pressure. She divided a nation, where did you get the sense of that today from the BBC? Absolutely no where.
Perhaps the Beeb are now getting their own back. As I write this "Have I Got A Bit More News For You" is having a field day rubbishing Iain Duncan Smith, George Osborne, Boris Johnson and even poor old Ann Widdecombe.

Nothing derogatory aimed at Labour thus far but I'll keep you posted.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Indeed. I was a tadge confused as I was under the impression the Government thought the BBC was left-wing ...

mole221

Indeed. I was a tadge confused as I was under the impression the Government thought the BBC was left-wing ...
Now this is just getting confusing. I was speaking to some friends from Belfast the other day, and the loyalist ones said it was republican biased, and the republican ones reckon loyalist. :/

I feel a letter to points of view brewing...