• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Stelios

Looking him up, He was very good in Secret Army. One of those actors you've seen in many things but never remember his name. RIP
Star Wars for me. Only in it briefly but one of the most infamous scenes

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Star Wars for me. Only in it briefly but one of the most infamous scenes
If he was in Star Wars even briefly, That is a career made, So many small part actors were in the films but made a good living doing conventions etc, Star Wars fans are a serious lot.

Grecian2K

Paul Alexander - "The Man In The Iron Lung"
The extraordinary life of man in iron lung who practiced as a lawyer and ‘loved wine and women’ (msn.com)
He did wonderfully well to hang on all these years. (Mind you, I dread to think of the leccy bills he ran up during that time)

Alistair20000

Looking him up, He was very good in Secret Army. One of those actors you've seen in many things but never remember his name. RIP
Although the infamous Star Wars scene is memorable for many I think his leading role was playing Herr Major Erwin Brandt in Secret Army. A Proper Chap German Luftwaffe officer contrasted with the vile Gestapo Nazi Ludwig Kessler.

RIP

Tim Long

Sadly, cancer has broken every code and brought the rebel to the floor. Steve Harley RIP.

DB9

Sadly, cancer has broken every code and brought the rebel to the floor. Steve Harley RIP.
Sad news indeed for us of a certain age who remember Cockney Rebel and Steve Harley in particular. RIP

Sad news indeed for us of a certain age who remember Cockney Rebel and Steve Harley in particular. RIP
Come up and see me, make me smile

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I saw him on the Avalon Field at Glastonbury a few years back. He was great entertainment.

Stelios

He wrote one of the greatest songs of all time. Not a bad way to be remembered

I’ve always loved that acoustic solo in the middle of it

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

He wrote one of the greatest songs of all time. Not a bad way to be remembered

I’ve always loved that acoustic solo in the middle of it
Also the brief pause.