• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Michael Foot has kicked the bucket.

A great man, notwithstanding his choice of football team. RIP.
Ah yes, forgot there was a thread for this, an honorable if somewhat naive politician, many of todays crop could learn a thing or two.

I wonder if they will bury his donkey jacket with him.

RIP

STURTZ

Re: Michael Foot

Never known for good taste but a passionate politician and an inspirational orator.

Good man.

les.gtfc

Macclesfield Town manager - Keith Alexander.

Keith played as a striker for Barnet, Grimsby, Stockport, Lincoln and Mansfield and took over as Lincoln manager for the first time in 1993.

After spells with Ilkeston and Northwich, he returned to Sincil Bank in 2002 with the club in administration and on the verge of folding, leading the club to four successive League Two play-off campaigns - the only manager to achieve that feat.

In November 2003 he collapsed with a double aneurysm, revealing afterwards that he had to be brought back to life three times.

Alexander left Lincoln by mutual consent shortly after the defeat to Grimsby in 2006 and moved to Peterborough, but left in January 2007 after a disappointing run of results.

He took the position of director of football at Bury before being appointed Macclesfield manager in February 2008, agreeing a two-year contract extension in the January of this year.

Oldsmobile-88

If it were not for the Argentine invasion of the Falklands in 1982,Michael Foot would have been Prime Minister of this country..

Maggie's political career was saved by a facist dictator,on a ill advised venture..

Just think how different the social landscape would be now,if that event had not happened

RHINO

Rather than have a new thread for every death of a political nobody, king of pop, reality TV tart or gay backing singer we should have one thread to encompass the lot.

Would save all this outpouring of fake grief from people who never knew the dead person in the first place, yet feel they have a right to comment on their life in the first place.

Not sure who to start with so will leave it up to someone on here who actually gives a sh*t.
This has got to be one of the most distateful comments I have ever read on these threads you should be ashamed of yourself

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was gutted when I heard this yesterday. I loved watching To Buy or Not To Buy :(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Maggie's political career was saved by a facist dictator,on a ill advised venture..
Fully agree, Maggie was a bit of a fascist dictator.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This has got to be one of the most distateful comments I have ever read on these threads you should be ashamed of yourself
I found myself fully in agreement with what RtP said, and I'm fairly sure that I'm a nice guy.

There is too much fake grief, inappropriate media coverage and just simply wrong priorities on coverage to take a lot of this seriously. Media celebrities generally do not need the column inches that they get.

Incontinentia

If it were not for the Argentine invasion of the Falklands in 1982,Michael Foot would have been Prime Minister of this country..
Bit of a myth. On the eve of the Falklands War, Labour were narrowly in third place behind the old SDP/Liberal Alliance (although it was basically a three-way split). The war probably hurt the Alliance more than Labour as centrist types rallied around Thatcher.

Had the War not happened, Foot would still have published "the longest suicide note in history" as his 1983 manifesto. It's actually more likely he would have ended up destroying Labour and securing their replacement with the SDP than it is he would have been PM. Although in a sense he did that anyway in the longer term.

Actually, I have a lot of time for Foot as he was more principled than most. But he never looked like the next PM at any point really.