• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Stelios

I liked Clive James.
Just the right mix of self doubt and outspoken confidence for a good comic and thinker.
A great description. As a child I never "got" Clive James. He was often on TV when growing up but it all went over my head. It was only when I got older and reading his column that I realised how smart and funny he was.

Wait till the end...

And speaking as someone who didn't enjoy poetry at school...............

"[Clive James] wrote that his own 'prescription for making poetry popular in the schools would be to ban it — with possession treated as a serious misdemeanor, and dealing as a felony.' ”

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thoughts go out to the families and friends of the people murdered and attacked on London Bridge today.
As for the POS that committed this attack I hope you burn in hell.
It actually beggars belief that a dedicated terrorist should be adjudged safe for early release, thereby allowing this atrocity to happen. Not only should those responsible for this crazy decision should be removed from office, they should be charged with assisting a terrorist act, and hopefully thrown into jail themselves.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It actually beggars belief that a dedicated terrorist should be adjudged safe for early release, thereby allowing this atrocity to happen. Not only should those responsible for this crazy decision should be removed from office, they should be charged with assisting a terrorist act, and hopefully thrown into jail themselves.
That'll be the Court of Appeal, Time to start deporting people again his family owned land in Kashmir send him back home to his family members.

DB9

That'll be the Court of Appeal, Time to start deporting people again his family owned land in Kashmir send him back home to his family members.
I'd imagine it was the parole board and others who decided this piece of scum was ok to release early not the Court of Appeal, Not the right thread on the rights or wrongs of that scum, Keep it for those who've passed away, RIP to the two who have gone

Oldsmobile-88

I'd imagine it was the parole board and others who decided this piece of scum was ok to release early not the Court of Appeal, Not the right thread on the rights or wrongs of that scum, Keep it for those who've passed away, RIP to the two who have gone
The scumbag was initially given a indeterminate sentence by the trial judge because he was deemed so dangerous.That was appealed.
The Court of Appeal handed down a tariff to be served & he was automatically released when he had served half the sentence set by the Appeal Court.
Which is both alarming & baffling.

Lawyers & QCs playing games with the justice system so we should not be too surprised(nice little earner on Legal Aid,no doubt)

Jack Merritt(25) has been named as one of the victims.

DB9

The scumbag was initially given a indeterminate sentence by the trial judge because he was deemed so dangerous.That was appealed.
The Court of Appeal handed down a tariff to be served & he was automatically released when he had served half the sentence set by the Appeal Court.
Which is both alarming & baffling.

Lawyers & QCs playing games with the justice system so we should not be too surprised(nice little earner on Legal Aid,no doubt)

Jack Merritt(25) has been named as one of the victims.
Jeez, Then i take it back what i said. RIP Jack

Oldsmobile-88

The second victim of the knife attack has been named.
Saskia Jones (23)

Dreadful that two young lives have been taken by a perverse ideology.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Jack Merritt had actually helped the scumbag who murdered him when he was released from prison !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Andrew "Greedy" Smith won't be able to live it up any longer, as the Mental As Anything singer has carked it, aged 63.

Grecian2K

Bob Willis (70). One of the fast bowling greats.
Who (of a "certain age") can ever forget his matchwinning 8-43 at Headingley in 1981?