• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

les.gtfc

Graham Taylor (72) Former England,Watford,Aston Villa & Licoln City manager..
Started his playing career with us and made almost 200 appearances before moving onto Lincoln.

RIP.

dontpassback

Rip graham taylor,didnt see that coming,always talked sense on 5 live .

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One of those that knocked me sideways somewhat.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Graham Taylor (72)
Killed by Karl-Josef Assenmacher.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Also Professor Anthony King, who provided excellent election analysis for the BBC for 40 years.

grecIAN Harris

Graham Taylor (72) Former England,Watford,Aston Villa & Licoln City manager..
He was far from my favourite England manager but loved watching himmanaging club sides and latterly listening to him on Radio 5. He never went in to rant mode on the radio but was clear and measured in his thought and comment and very rarely left you finding yourself arguing against what he had said.

Oldsmobile-88

He was far from my favourite England manager but loved watching himmanaging club sides and latterly listening to him on Radio 5. He never went in to rant mode on the radio but was clear and measured in his thought and comment and very rarely left you finding yourself arguing against what he had said.
Yep..Spot on.

It was shameful of the Sun(or Scum as they are also known by) to have that turnip headline about him.
That's what some people will remember & the ill advised fly on the wall documentary during his England tenure...I & many football supporters will remember him turning Watford from a midtable 4th Division team to 1st Division runners up within 6 seasons.plus a FA Cup final,when that competition was as prestigious as winning the Football League.

iscalad

haka

Graham Taylor's Watford drew one of the biggest cup-tie crowds seen at SJP for this game, in the 4th round (4th?! what's that?). I think it was around 14,000. We'd beaten Bolton and Blackburn, they'd beaten Man Utd, so this was billed as the battle of the giant-killers. We lost, they reached the semis.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He also brought his team down here for Pat Wakeham's testimonial in November 1982.