• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nuneaton V ECFC matchday Thread!

happygrecian

oh and there was no need for the 'You're not Boro anymore' chant. I would have thought that with the crap you have been through, you would have been the last lot of fans to kick a fallen fan in the nads.
Sorry for that. It was unnecessary and crass. Unfortunately we have our minority of travelling chavs too.

What's the point abusing fellow football fans? We're all the same under our shirts and scarves, aren't we? Just passionate supporters of football and our team(most of us, minus the chav element).

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that belittling a club that has been through the problems that Northwich have is a bit rich coming from ECFC!! I actually thought that the ground was quite good considering the level at which they are playing. According to a sign at the side of the pitch it was opened only 2 years ago and the progress that they have made is worthy of commendation, bearing in mind that they have Coventry just down the road.

Fair play to them, I reckon they have the makings of a good club and they have some very committed fans. Good luck to them.
Nothing is quite a belittling as getting their name wrong, you old duffer!

Grecian Max

Sorry for that. It was unnecessary and crass. Unfortunately we have our minority of travelling chavs too.

What's the point abusing fellow football fans? We're all the same under our shirts and scarves, aren't we? Just passionate supporters of football and our team(most of us, minus the chav element).
Not this again?

FFS get a life and understand the culture of football banter. I guess you're another one to put down as a no-show at the next City-Argyle derby?

Auntie Whitestone

Hi All
I know Hulla, in fact we both write for the Boro' fanzine. For the record, a few Boro fans met up (illicitally),with about a half dozen Grecians for a very amicable pint or two in a pub called near Nuneaton station yesterday. The pub was plastered with "No Football Supporters" poster but we'd all sneaked in incognito to enjoy the first class beers there. As I've got a Gashead mate in Holcombe Rogus the accents were a bit of a giveaway, so we got we got talking-about Trusts, identity crises, cup runs, The Conference, etc.

As we left the pub we shook hands and wished each other luck, (aahhh!!). As it happens you didn't need it, and we were a bit of an embarassment first half. Oh well. We made a game of it second half I guess.

Biased, rancid match report at Auntie's blog. I can't put URL on your forum here (below) :

##URL REMOVED##/ but there's a link to it on one of our Fans Forums.

I promised to get one of your directors (Roger H.K.) a Boro badge as he collects them avidly and segregation meant (I guess) that he wouldn't make our Club shop. If he's reading this (or anyone who knows him is), I'll get him one and send it via the club unless he wants to p.m. me via "Boro Chat" (one of our fans forums) and we'll swap email addresses.

Great to meet you all:the best side won:nice club which I've always had time for: good luck at MK. (And beyond).

Incidentally, we see that odd little crowd of "Boro'fans" baiting you down in the corner only at cup ties-and especially when Coventry haven't got a game. (Big giveaway? ) They don't know where they are going when they first come in our ground and they don't know all our players' names. Amateurs on a day out IMO.

Auntie xxx

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

happygrecian

Not this again?

FFS get a life and understand the culture of football banter. I guess you're another one to put down as a no-show at the next City-Argyle derby?
Why would you guess that?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not this again?

Amen to that. Some people want Football to be a Woman sport im sure.

Grecian2K

Hi All
Incidentally, we see that odd little crowd of "Boro'fans" baiting you down in the corner only at cup ties-and especially when Coventry haven't got a game. (Big giveaway? )[/size]
Good call there....we suspected the same - that's why we were teasing them all through the first half (couldn't through the second...at 0-4, by half time, they'd all mysteriously fecked orf)

All in all, a great day out (& NOT just for the result).

I doubt any of them were Cov fans. They walked past me and I have seen many of them at matches this season and last. As for hte reason they were not there second half, could be the same reason I was not in that corner second half, Boro were attackingthe other end and we changed ends. I spent second half on the side of the pitch between the temp stand and the main home terrace.
Not saying they did not bugger off ins econd half, just saying that there would be no reason for a Boro fan to stay there for the second half

crocks

A bit late, but my take on the City performance.

Positives:

Taylor and Seaborne - getting back to their best - looking now like a solid partnership
Russell and Cozic - centre of midfield = sorted.

Tulls, Golbourne and Dunne had average games - nowt to get excited about.

And the not so positive:

Marriott - apart from one superb save in the second half, he didnt have a lot to do. But he flapped at far too many crosses and any opposition better than Nuneaton would surely have punished us.

Harley: basically had a mare of a game.

Corr: a poor mans Peter Crouch. He is far worse than Logie or Macca. I just cant find anything positive in his game at all.

Fleetwood: Saturday was an opportunity for him to shine. He didnt apart from one audacious chip in the second half. He's played about a dozen games now for City - plenty of time to get "match fit" and there is no sign of any improvement. If it was up to me, I would be calling him in to my office and saying adios.

Finally a word about Nuneaton who showed, after the defensive nightmare that they had in the first half, that they can play some neat and tidy football and I dont think that any City fan would have begrudged them a consolation goal in the second half (cos their play deserved it).

Last edited:

Ian Sideman

Fleetwood: Saturday was an opportunity for him to shine. He didnt apart from one audacious chip in the second half. He's played about a dozen games now for City - plenty of time to get "match fit" and there is no sign of any improvement. If it was up to me, I would be calling him in to my office and saying adios.
I agree Fleetwood's definitely not firing Crocks, but he has to be given more time. I think it can take a season to really settle in and be comfortable with the way we play and to build up an understanding with a partner (which he hasn't been able to do). Let's judge him at the end of the season. I have faith that he will prove to be the fox in the box we need. (fingers crossed ;))