• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nuneaton V ECFC matchday Thread!

oh and there was no need for the 'You're not Boro anymore' chant. I would have thought that with the crap you have been through, you would have been the last lot of fans to kick a fallen fan in the nads.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
oh and there was no need for the 'You're not Boro anymore' chant. I would have thought that with the crap you have been through, you would have been the last lot of fans to kick a fallen fan in the nads.
Just a bit of banter, I wouldn't take it too seriously. We are not Exeter United any more.

we had our name forcibly removed from us by the FA, who at the same time alowed other clubs in idential situations to us keep theirs. We tried to get the name back, but were turned down without reason by fa.
Also interesting to read a few comments from your fans about our club. How did you get in there?

Oli

we had our name forcibly removed from us by the FA, who at the same time alowed other clubs in idential situations to us keep theirs. We tried to get the name back, but were turned down without reason by fa.
Also interesting to read a few comments from your fans about our club. How did you get in there?
The bar you mean? We just strolled in? Or was there another one besides the Rugby bar?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know that, the irony is that you are also coming across as a c*ck.
That's because I am :D Friends and family can verify this if needed.

happygrecian

I do think we have to be a bit careful in criticising non league opponents' grounds.

I,for one,was grateful that the away terrace was under cover; fortunately it didn't rain until after the game.

I believe that there are some league grounds where the away end is not under cover,including at least one in League One........
Well said!

Anyone else feel slightly embarassed by our away end?

The bar you mean? We just strolled in? Or was there another one besides the Rugby bar?
Yeah, there is the football club's one

Oli

Yeah, there is the football club's one
Ahh ok, didn't know that, assumed it was the same bar.

happygrecian

Actually,ignoring the chavs that were not interested in actually watching the game, I thought their support was much more noisy than some of the grounds we have visited this season - especially Walsall!!
We brought our own chavs with us too! I was lucky enough to have 4 in front of me who spent more time trying to wind up the numpties across the corner of the ground than they did watching City. What's that all about?

Guys - get a life!

happygrecian

I watched the first 5 minutes of the first half from the pen nearest the awy ebd on side terrace (my normal first half spot) and then moved to the next pen along when a more voal element appeared. I thought the bloke withthe boig voive who did the 'we will not forget them speech' towards end of minutes' silence was a very nice touch.
I travel down form Leeds for most of our matches, home and away, and while I was disppoainted with four really soft goals being conceded, I was more annoyed witht he idiots, some of them regular fans too, who booed us off at half time.
I was proud of our second half display, and proud of the noise made by the fans in the covered terrace second half. Obviously our party atmosphere and hopes for an upset went out the window inside five minutes, and stuff was hard for us from there on in.
However, the second half has made the difference between me waking up proud this morning and ashamed. I can go back to work on Monday proud of the display my team put in against a side so far higher than us.
Thanks for kind comments about our ground, two and ahlaf years after opening, it still does not feel like home.
Good luck for rest of season
A good post.

I thought Nuneaton had a strong second half, and what they may lack in class they have in spirit, battling all the way to the end for a goal to make the final score slightly more respectable. Their heads didn't go down and they certainly didn't collapse or cave in.

Thought your away end was way better than what we have at Exeter, so thanks for the hospitality. We're lucky to have such an atmospheric old ground at City, though. If you don't feel at home at your new place yet, you should have a look at where Rotherham have to play...