• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Now about these Avatar's...

J

joey

Pete'?...I reckon you are wrong....books are wrong...Peter the 'soon to be clamped' sussed it...

joey said:
Nice one Pete!

I'll 'ave 'es van zoon!!!!
I dont have a van - its an Astra estate pretending to be a van .
Dont clamp it just straighten out the dents with your GHD's

David Treharne

Are we going for obscure questions about the Lovin Spoonful? If we are: 1. Can anybody tell me what Jon Sebastian's father did for a living 2. In which pop song is the development of the Lovin' Spoonful's line-up chronicled? 3. Who played with Jon Sebastian at the 1970 Isle of Wight festival?

David Treharne said:
Are we going for obscure questions about the Lovin Spoonful? If we are: 1. Can anybody tell me what Jon Sebastian's father did for a living 2. In which pop song is the development of the Lovin' Spoonful's line-up chronicled? 3. Who played with Jon Sebastian at the 1970 Isle of Wight festival?
Far too many people on here with time on their hands :roll:

i o city

Joey if you are a hairdresser and a clamper could that make you
a clamp crimper ?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
To keep this thread going - and 'cos the social club section's dead as a latin library book - I'll have a go at David's Loving Spoonful wotsit.

1] I think his dad played classical harmonica or something similar.

2] Would it be Nashville Cats (only a guess)

3] I don't know this one - too many groupies around in those days.

Strangely enough, John Sebastian is now releasing music on "Hux Records". It just gets wierder.

As for local bands - I remember the Wishbone Ash connections - also wasn't there a Steve Hooker band? I also have memories of having members of Barclay James Harvest and Hawkwind pointed out to me whenever I was in Northernhay Park or Cathedral Green on a sunny day.

I was in a Brummie punk band, Dangerous Girls, which had Exeter connections too (half Uni students, half resident). Bands I remember from playing down here were The Gift (John Jacques?), Junkyard Angels, Missing Chemicals from Crediton, The Mob (Somerset I think). Let's face it, the best bands ever are usually in the list of those you saw once and never heard of again ....

8)

Spoonz Red E

I O City

Maybe Joey works in 'air traffic control .....

I'll get me coat ............................

hangar :oops:

David Treharne

Spoonz, I'll give you number one as being correct, but two is wrong, and three is a matter of lateral thinking rather than a groupie. Incidentally if you go to the Rhino "hand made' site you can now buy as a special limited edition the whole of John Sebastian's output from the 70's on Reprise records. The set also has a really well annotated book about this part of his career. If you want to buy it you'll have be fairly quick as it's a 3000 limited edition set and mine was 2276. It's expensive, but as not all the stuff is available elsewhere it's worth it. Yes, Peter, I probably do have too much time on my hands at the moment!

Pete Bishop

dangerous girls?
here's one for you mike, see if you get the drift, make the connection etc:

"do you want a true story or a joke?....i was walking down the road the other day . . . . . "

Spoonz Red E

Can't be bad no?

The famous Ted Chippington .... :shock: