• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts County v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread, 14th Feb 2017, 19:45 KO

Ex-eater

Look at the game McAlinden had against Newport (I think it's was) he was out standing, we have hardly seen him since, his goals an assist stats are way to good for the time he is getting something wrong there.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jake's challenge was silly and was always going to get an unnecessary second yellow but I was right behind the line of his tackle and he slid in front of the county player and didn't touch him. The county player made the clearance and then fell to the floor. Jake was always going to go but it's ****ing frustrating.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Jake's challenge was silly and was always going to get an unnecessary second yellow but I was right behind the line of his tackle and he slid in front of the county player and didn't touch him. The county player made the clearance and then fell to the floor. Jake was always going to go but it's ****ing frustrating.
Just watched it again. He made the clearance as Jake was sliding in. The pictures certainly look like he made contact and the county player was limping afterwards. From what you say you had a different angle so if he didn't make contact, then one the linesman was conned when he should have seen that, and two the player was very devious if he was putting on the limp. As you say it's a shame he dived in recklessly but what's done is done.

grecianstew

Waste time by bringing on a substitute? Isn't that what Mourinho (sp) did a couple weeks ago when he brought on Fellaini? How did that turn out? There is no silver bullet correct answer to football management, just criticism when the decision made doesn't lead to the required outcome

fred binneys head

He was putting on the limp Richard, gamesmanship that every player does.

richard_portland

Waste time by bringing on a substitute? Isn't that what Mourinho (sp) did a couple weeks ago when he brought on Fellaini? How did that turn out? There is no silver bullet correct answer to football management, just criticism when the decision made doesn't lead to the required outcome
Not just to waste time, although that can break up play to frustrate the opposition. Tillson Sweeney and Croll were all potential options and it is a little unusual to have two unused substitutions plus for us Reid was replaced later than usual(this isn't a criticism as I guess he was doing a good job so that sub was pushed back)

Obviously there isn't a fool proof way to see out a game, but come that stage I don't mind if we run down the clock when necessary. While you might think it's criticism for the sake of it, it's actually a truthful opinion of what I think. Fine if you don't agree.

richard_portland

He was putting on the limp Richard, gamesmanship that every player does.
If so he should have an equity card. I don't think it's correct that everyone does it, if the linesman on that side couldn't see it hope he has made an eye test appointment.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not just to waste time, although that can break up play to frustrate the opposition. Tillson Sweeney and Croll were all potential options and it is a little unusual to have two unused substitutions plus for us Reid was replaced later than usual(this isn't a criticism as I guess he was doing a good job so that sub was pushed back)

Obviously there isn't a fool proof way to see out a game, but come that stage I don't mind if we run down the clock when necessary. While you might think it's criticism for the sake of it, it's actually a truthful opinion of what I think. Fine if you don't agree.
changing players at that time of the match isnt soley about wasting time its about giving the other team something else to figure out and if necessary try and break opponants momentum which in this case was plainly building, tis did nothing
and we suffered the consequences.

PeteUSA

Ironically enough, this games Grecian Player match commentator Charlie somebody? said: you would have thought Tisdale would have done double subs in the three or four minutes remaining ( and we were 2-0 up!) His mate Simon Larkins (who definitely hasnt got a radio voice!) said: No, he doesnt do that. Little did anybody know what was to follow.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ironically enough, this games Grecian Player match commentator Charlie somebody? said: you would have thought Tisdale would have done double subs in the three or four minutes remaining ( and we were 2-0 up!) His mate Simon Larkins (who definitely hasnt got a radio voice!) said: No, he doesnt do that. Little did anybody know what was to follow.
i'm all for playing to the whistle, against diving ect ect , but it was plain as day that they were building a head of steam and it was built by, in the main a bunch of V V expierenced pro's being 'canny', , nothing as blatent as wycombe, but a hand on the bac produced a little dive weve all seen it , the momentum in the last ?? mins was plainly building in their favour and needed interupting , tis did f all and we bore the result.