• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts county v ECFC matchday thread

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
His 'crime' was standing up after the stewards told him sit down.
The back 6 rows or so were allowed to stand up for the first 20 mins until the head steward came along & decidd we all had to sit.
The stewards were generally fine but need to make up their mind if fans are allowed to stand or not, not change their minds half way through the half.
was he not one of the lads shouting at the little kids in the adjacent stand?

Seeing some of our fans giving the gareth hunt hand gesture to these 7/8 year olds was truly bizarre...

As for the game, we were poor first half but finally found some width down the left in the second and our best two bits of play led to the goal and the corner leading to the second...

Harley was back to being annoying rather than v annoying...he drifted in and out of the game but showed some class at times...and celebrated the first one with real Passion in front of the away fans...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Spin forward to 0.54.53 for glorious, but very brief, highlights of our brilliant win at Notts County

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yrw8f/The_Football_League_Show_12_02_2011/

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
.....and the pitch was back to the conditions when they used Meadow Lane as a training ground for the troops on their way to the Somme (true story)[/QUOTE

Yes, it was awful, but doesn't yesterday rather put to bed the line that the condition of the pitch has a detrimental affect on our game?

The second half was the best we have played for a while and, if we can play like that on a crap surface, bring on some more!

FAN-TATIC

Brilliant win.... For those that went was it a good game ? Who were are better players ?
It wasn't a brilliant display of neat passing flowing football, it was back to basics and effective. NC were a poor side, but we have played poor sides before and lost. Yesterday we won and won comfortably and if we do the same on Tuesday that will be fine by me.

Defence looked solid, Dunney had a good game. Both Harley and Noble more or less ditched the Come Dancing stuff and looked more purposeful. For me they still played too close to each other, Widthe suffered as a result.Harley's perfect assist and Matt's perfectly timed run for his goal had class written all over it.

The away Fans, fantastic always(417).

Someone on here said "thank god" I hope he was referring to Tis because he and his players got it right yesterday and he deserves the credit for getting them focused yesterday after last Monday's debacle.

Bring on Tuesday and do it again lads!

Cravat 2

Harley not interested? What is wrong with you people.

He made the first goal with a mazy run and then he was fully involved in celebrating the second.

Leave the guy alone, FFS.

Citysupporter2099

Harley did a great run and he took the corner well for our second? Fair play to him.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good pic thedor. Cheers for that. By the way, was impressed by your number2, darby.
on loan from Liverpool

FAN-TATIC

Harley not interested? What is wrong with you people.

He made the first goal with a mazy run and then he was fully involved in celebrating the second.

Leave the guy alone, FFS.
Ryan is not yet playing to his best form, not surprising seeing he had three weeks without training. To suggest he is not trying is frankly insulting. He demonstrated his commitment with his passionate celebration of Tully's goal and again after Matt's. At the end of the game he was clearly 'over the moon' with result.

Like Cravat has said FFS leave the guy alone and stop using him as a punch bag for everything that goes wrong. For those who do it, it's a cheap option and does you asuch credit as it does him harm, none whatsoever!

I fully understand the viewpoint of those who feel that once he had signed for Swansea he should have gone in the same way as Paul Jones did. It's a valid arguememt IMO. However, yesterday just two flashes of his talent resulted in two goals. If he keeps doing that for the rest of the season Tis may well be proved right...................again!

thedor

For once we had a bit of the marginal decisions from the ref, but I have had confidence in Mr Pawson, ever since that memorable day when he reffed us v Cambridge at Wembley.

Notts were truly awful (and that's not taking anything away from our performance) and the pitch was back to the conditions when they used Meadow Lane as a training ground for the troops on their way to the Somme (true story)

A typical Paul Ince style, very physical long ball tactics and when he took off the one player that was having an impact (Alan Gow) I started to sniff our chances. I bet his odds have fallen in the sack race.
Not a chance of Ince being sacked. He will probably be here next season even if we are relegated. He is simply trying to clean up the mess left by the previous manager. We are not a long ball team, far from it, not sure where the Ince team reputation comes from (can't say MK dons or Macc were when we played them under Ince) but we have played some lovely football under him, but since beating Sunderland in the cup have put in less than 50% in every league game with the simple option of a hopeless boot up field, hence we are where we are, you can't play long ball if you haven't a forward at the club who's a target man. Fortunately that cup run will end a week today.

The pitch is awful, but you chaps played well on it. Pity we couldn't be bothered too.

The ref was awful too. I don't think he had any major decisions to make, but he was pretty poor for us on the minor ones. The most ridiculous being him over ruling the linesmen on a throw in decision when there was the clearest of deflection (deflecting it 20/30 yards) from an Exeter player. You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones that drive you mad as a fan! You know its not going to be your day then.

The Gow substitution decision was a poor one. Even the manager had a bad day at the office today.

All in all a bad day at the office. We are unfortunately having a few of them. We will however still be above Plymouth at the end of the season. :)

thedor

Good pic thedor. Cheers for that. By the way, was impressed by your number2, darby.
Darby is very good defensively, but gives little going forward.

He's on loan from Liverpool, but I have a feeling he's not wanted by them and we'll sign him at the end of the season.