• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts county v ECFC matchday thread

thedor

Away Following :

##URL REMOVED##/14eaqgk.jpg

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Seems I'm not allowed to post web links.

Please can someone repost img link from http://i56.tinypic.com/14eaqgk.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Tarr

even if Harley didn't do much again.
From the sound of it he had a hand in both goals.

And from what I've seen in games since he came back, he has not been lacking effort, he's just lost some form.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Your second image link works fine, thedor [y]

Last edited:

thedor

Does anyone know why the stewards put that lad out in the second half? FFS no-one was doing anything except vocally supporting the team. Seemed like sour grapes to us.
Our stewards are idiots. Not sour grapes, most dislike Notts fans just as much.

thedor

Your second image link works fine, thedor [y]
No probs. Hope the fans who made the trip enjoyed the day.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good pic thedor. Cheers for that. By the way, was impressed by your number2, darby.

budegrecian

Does anyone know why the stewards put that lad out in the second half? FFS no-one was doing anything except vocally supporting the team. Seemed like sour grapes to us.
His 'crime' was standing up after the stewards told him sit down.
The back 6 rows or so were allowed to stand up for the first 20 mins until the head steward came along & decidd we all had to sit.
The stewards were generally fine but need to make up their mind if fans are allowed to stand or not, not change their minds half way through the half.

budegrecian

I've seen us play better away from home this season & get beaten. However, this was a day when we seemed to recapture our team spirit & the side was determined not to be beaten.
Matty, Troy & Duffy looked very solid & I can't really remember Lee Hughes & Co. getting in a worthwhile shot until virtually the last minute. Consequently, Hamer had a relatively easy game.
Scotty & Tulls got the balance between their defensive & attacking duties right & gave us the width we lacked on Monday. Tulls also brings added passion & his goal was great reward seeing he was doubtful to start today.
Dunne put in an excellent performance & gave Ryan & Noble the base to play their stuff. Noble was ok & Ryan was instrumental in both goals.
O'Flynn & Jamie worked hard but it didn't really come of for them today; I was surprised Tis didn't bring on a fresh pair of legs, in Nardiello, towards the end.
County were poor, but we deserved our win.
A good end to a day that started badly; R.I.P. Stella.

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
I've seen us play better away from home this season & get beaten. However, this was a day when we seemed to recapture our team spirit & the side was determined not to be beaten.
Matty, Troy & Duffy looked very solid & I can't really remember Lee Hughes & Co. getting in a worthwhile shot until virtually the last minute. Consequently, Hamer had a relatively easy game.
Scotty & Tulls got the balance between their defensive & attacking duties right & gave us the width we lacked on Monday. Tulls also brings added passion & his goal was great reward seeing he was doubtful to start today.
Dunne put in an excellent performance & gave Ryan & Noble the base to play their stuff. Noble was ok & Ryan was instrumental in both goals.
O'Flynn & Jamie worked hard but it didn't really come of for them today; I was surprised Tis didn't bring on a fresh pair of legs, in Nardiello, towards the end.
County were poor, but we deserved our win.
A good end to a day that started badly; R.I.P. Stella.
Great tribute at the end there bude! RIP Stella
3 points for him today!

plain capers

For once we had a bit of the marginal decisions from the ref, but I have had confidence in Mr Pawson, ever since that memorable day when he reffed us v Cambridge at Wembley.

Notts were truly awful (and that's not taking anything away from our performance) and the pitch was back to the conditions when they used Meadow Lane as a training ground for the troops on their way to the Somme (true story)

A typical Paul Ince style, very physical long ball tactics and when he took off the one player that was having an impact (Alan Gow) I started to sniff our chances. I bet his odds have fallen in the sack race.