• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts county v ECFC matchday thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know why the stewards put that lad out in the second half? FFS no-one was doing anything except vocally supporting the team. Seemed like sour grapes to us.

andrew p long

Brilliant win.... For those that went was it a good game ? Who were are better players ?
difficult pitch, poor first half (both sides).

Lots better with 3-5-2. Some good stuff from us second half including Ryan but he looked a bit powder puff defensively (so what's new?)

Two great goals. The move for the first was special, as was the move that won the corner for the second.

Good games all round I thought. Scott Golbourne and Nobes stood out for me, but it is unfair to pick individuals when it was very much a team effort.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Massive win. I said to my mate after the shocker on Monday night that we'll bounce back unexpectedly today. Typical City, NEVER write them off. We won't go down, we won't get Play offs. I can see that being the case for the next few seasons at least, but, i'm fine with that.

Looking forward to Tuesday night, another big game, bigger than today in that it's important we get our home form back and get SJP back as a fortress. Can't expect anything from The Valley next week, but looking forward to the trip up.

[ecfc]

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
very true, today was a good reaction but the home crowd deserve a good performance as well so the players must not think all is ok after one win.

good to see two away clean sheets on the trot, don't think we've had one at home since colchester last season,

oops forgot Rochdale & charlton this season. seemed longer ago than that :$

Last edited:

dommers

Brilliant win.... For those that went was it a good game ? Who were are better players ?
Wasn't there but am sure everyone will say Hamer, Tully and Dunne were wonderful whilst Noble and Golbourne were useless!!!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't there but am sure everyone will say Hamer, Tully and Dunne were wonderful whilst Noble and Golbourne were useless!!!
And Paul Jones...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Paul Jones? Pah! He didn't even turn up today ...

thedor

Your team and supporters did you proud today. A decent following considering the distance.

Not to take anything away but we were awful for the third home league game in a row.

I am hoping (and expecting) that we are kicked out of the FA cup on Sunday week before it sees us relegated.

I thought particularly in the second half (but throughout the game) you dominated and having seen the stats I do not believe that we had more possession than you at all, and whoever thought we had 3 shots on target should go to the same specsavers as the referee, who though not affecting the result was almost as bad as we were.

Particular players that stood out from you chaps were number 6 Taylor who despite a couple of slips on our bog of a pitch was excellent both in the air and on the ground. And number 4, who always seemed available for the ball and made good use of it with some sublime touches and through balls.

The goals...... the first, nice move, good strike, great save, tucked away into the bottom right corner (might have scuffed it a bit ;) ).

The second, good delivery from the corner, great header keeper with no chance, a real netbulger.

3 good points in the scheme of things for you chaps. 100% deserved.

Hope we will be in league one to make a better fist next season.

thedor
A Notts Fan

Alistair20000

When will you learn Tis? Those 2 lazy lightweight fairies can't play together. No Nards either? Usual dissapointment when seeing the starting lineup.

Hoping for someone to bring this comment back up later after a win (if only).
Here to help.

simcity

Good performance today.

First half was scrappy and we didn't really use the full backs as we should have done but we did well to keep County out as I don't think they had any real chances.

Second half was so refreshing, knocked the ball around so much better and some great movement in and around the final third.

Still not sure about Cureton and O'Flynn up top together when we have decided on playing the long ball when the opposition have two 6ft+ centre backs.

Best players today were Dunne and Taylor for me but good shows from Noble, Tully, Troy and Golbourne. But majorly a good team performance, even if Harley didn't do much again.

But loads more positives and negatives today =]