• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NOT the Walsall matchday thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
if met office can be believed then forecast is ok from this pm thru to end of game tomorrow, either light rain or dry and sunny intervals.

greenawayr

Unless the City Council has been hosing the streets down to prevent dust-storms, the 2mm in the rain gauge since 10:00 would indicate that such "wetness" has occurred- and since the barometer shows no signs of rising I assume that there will be further (ahem) "wetness" this afternoon.
You may want to use the word "moist" instead!

bigtrees

Been up to the club today, had a sneaky look at the pitch. Looked a beauty considering all the rain we've had this week. The ground staff have worked wonders as normal.

Grecian2K

Whilst I have no doubt that the game will be on
Are you still as confident? ;)

This afternoon, not only has it been precipitating persistently and profusely but latterly even took to hurling hail-stones :(

And, as I picked my wary way amidst the proliferation of puddles welling up in the MANY pot-holes left by our ever-thoughtful and far-sighted Council for the express purpose of collecting excess rainfall, I found myself YET again musing on that very conundrum which has vexed ExeWeb since time immemorial:
What time's the pitch inspection?

I await tomorrow's meteorological missive with great interest [y]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any useful update on the weather?

MarkyMark

Why dont you try looking at the BBC weather website or if you have a tele watch the weather forecast on there!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why dont you try looking at the BBC weather website or if you have a tele watch the weather forecast on there!
I had the word "useful" in the sentence. Hence the question. :)

jase 07

I had the word "useful" in the sentence. Hence the question. :)
It is raining on and off at the moment but not too hard, as an early poster said the Met Offfice think the rain will stop soon and will stay away until after 6pm tommorrow. Hope they are right for once !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its proper lashing down here in kirton....

aint going to be pretty.

Cravat

Just been for a 10k run and got soaked!