• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Not marking as "read"?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hahaha. That's actually not a bad resemblance.
It did surprise me! Not aged a bit.

This is supposed an ICL 1904, one of the first I worked on as a programmer, George III being the operating system.

MickStagraget

Just in the last few minutes, every time I read a thread, it still remains marked as "unread" - a little bug just crept in or have I done something stupid?
It's the new boys!! They've taken over early and have already set about ruining EW ;)

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
We're moving on to a proper server as below

Good pic of Liam, btw.
That's hilarious. What is the weight loss secret Liam? :-O

lmartin

Administrator
Weight loss? Oh I don't think so! :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Lo and behold, today all is working fine and I didn't get rid of any cookies (just a load of Bourbon Creams last night).

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
i expect your daughter sorted it out for you, Jase!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cookie clearout?
Cookie clearout my ass!

I'm sure the above will clear up the fact, that if she doesnt want to acknowledge a PM to her, no matter what the topic, she (and I take it the other mods) have the ability to leave your PM appearing to YOU as though its unread, AFTER they've read it, even though you've checked the box asking to be informed of receipt of the message! It remains 'unread' for the duration as far as you're concerned.

All I ask from ALL the mods is 'lets have all the cards on the table'! If any of us send a PM to any of them, having checked the box asking for an acknowledgement, then dont circumvent the system just because you might not like the poster! Acknowledge the PM in a proper manner, whether you like the complainant or not.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete, this thread is not about anything you've said in your post. Please keep on topic. Anyway you've done this subject to death and it didn't get you anywhere.
Anything more off topic and it will be deleted.
Have a good day. :)

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete, this thread is not about anything you've said in your post. Please keep on topic. Anyway you've done this subject to death and it didn't get you anywhere.
Anything more off topic and it will be deleted.. :)
See how I get treated? I was going to ask her to marry me too, when I come back in march!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Are you going to delete that, or shall I? ;)