• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Not clinical enough

Gabriel

Exeter fans,

Written up some thoughts on your 2-0 loss at Crewe yesterday - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2016/clinical-crewe-defeat-wasteful-grecians/

How Tisdale can say you would have won that game 7/8 times out of 10 is beyond me, given that Crewe had at least three clear cut chances including the one Chris Dagnall missed. Thought his decisions were bizarre too - took off Joel Grant, who was key to the good start to the second half, and put on Matt Oakley. Only used 1 sub - no out-and-out goalscorer on the pitch at the end, McAlinden stayed on the bench. I'm frustrated and I'm not an Exeter fan!

Felt Connor Riley-Lowe was your best player. Good luck for the rest of the season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That's what happens when you have 2 strikers on the bench who don't come on and a bloke starting upfront who averages 8 a season

Ash

Simpson does not average anywhere near 8 a season! I wish it was 8!

denzel

Maybe had we been able to get a player on loan from Chelsea instead of Reading we might have been more clinical.

LOG

Our school nit nurse was more clinical than Robbie Simpson*

*For what it's worth, i don't think we play to what strengths he may have.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Far from certain, but I just hope if Holmes and wheeler can get fit and playing well , that Simpson will benefit, and Watkins and mcalinden as well for that matter.

denzel

Far from certain, but I just hope if Holmes and wheeler can get fit and playing well , that Simpson will benefit, and Watkins and mcalinden as well for that matter.
Maybe Simpson will be dropped in that scenario, or at least realise that he needs to improve to keep his place.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Simpson actually at league level had scored 45 in 13 seasons as a pro.

Average of less than 4 a season....

Laughable really.

D__Lo__

Simpson is clearly a target man. He needs runners, preferably a strike partner and balls into the box not tippy-tappy crap. If we insist on playing him at least give him a chance to show something. He has one in six so far this season. He's on course for 7 goals this season at that rate assuming he stays fits. It is not good enough so there needs to be a wider contribution otherwise he's going to be a passenger more often than not.

Pete Martin (CTID)

He's on course for 7 goals this season at that rate assuming he stays fits.
Wow! Really? That's double his 9 year season average!