• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nostalgia.Exeter City-v-Halifax.2003

cameraman

Since its conception in 1904, Exeter City play its first game outside the football league in its Centenary year.
Clive Walker talks to an honest Eamon Dolan about Exeter's baptism in the Conference.

http://www.xhaltonbrat65.com/zExeter-Halifax2003.html

Last edited:

LiloBoii-ECFC

A very old and good video :)

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great video but would never want to go back to them days ever, I remember that Halifax game like it was yesterday! Look what we have got to look forward to nearly 6 years on. COME ON CITY!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blimey, don't remember Eamo making those comments at the end:

"The way this club has been run the past few years we don't deserve to be in the football league, the Conference, the Doctor Martens League or anywhere!"

Looking back then, it was the first step on a long road back, and a positive one. Just makes me grateful for appointing Eamo, then Alex, then Tis, and grateful that the fans stuck by us over those years.

And as for not going back there, it wouldn't be the end of the World, and I'm sure Halifax would love to be playing us (or anyone!) in the Conference again!

David Treharne

There was also just after that game an 11 minute piece that they did on BBC2's 'Newsnight' which featured not only Eamon, but also Sean Canham. I have it on video, but it's never been transferred into a digital form. Does anyone else remember it?

cameraman

There was also just after that game an 11 minute piece that they did on BBC2's 'Newsnight' which featured not only Eamon, but also Sean Canham. I have it on video, but it's never been transferred into a digital form. Does anyone else remember it?
Do you want it transferred to DVD David.?
I'll do it for you if you so desire.