• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Norwich v ECFC matchday thread!

Poundstretcher

you could never be a southender.... a cleethorpesender maybe..
I've been to Blundell Park four times. Once to watch Grimsby v Carlisle on a bloody freezing December afternoon in 1997, to watch two Primary Schools' Cup finals in 1996 and 2000, and to linesman an U11 Youth League Cup Final in 2002. Don't think that one fits, either...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Try and get the exeweb bunch a mention Lam. I suspect there'll be more exewebbers than usual tuning in on Grecian Player, due to the unpredictable weather.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

I think we will be travelling in vain mate...

PeteUSA

I think we will be travelling in vain mate...
All I can say is that if Norwich City FC or Norwich City Council make you or any of the travelling City faithfull go to Carrow Road in vain, they should be ashamed. They could have said a lot earlier that the games off, assuming it will be! Bastards!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course they should be ashamed, but if they're as desperate for some cash as some say, then you can see their reasoning for wanting the game to go ahead.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course they should be ashamed, but if they're as desperate for some cash as some say, then you can see their reasoning for wanting the game to go ahead.
They could always sell some of Delia's cakes pre match and half time. Even flog a carry out for the journey home, that'll raise some bucks!

denzel

Going to get a bus to Colchester, then a train. As they seem to be keeping bus routes open, and trains are running, I'm confident of getting there and back.

If all else fails I'll do some shopping in Norwich. I am 90% confident it will be on.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Catching the 08.34 out of Aldershot. Hope to meet up with the exiles at King's Cross at 10am.

Could be a good day.

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
More snow overnight in the "East of England", all roads except major ones very poor and icy. Still amazed this is going ahead, especially given Premiership postponements...

If Norwich call this off today it is an absolute disgrace as they knew exactly what the forecast was days ago and it has come true. Also, the existing access problems (which must be icy roads and pavements etc etc) have been an issue for a week now!

I am lucky that I live closer to Norwich than most Exewebbers, but am not going as I just dont see the justification for travelling in iffy conditions. That will be the same for a lot of Norwich fans too. If they go ahead, they deserve a low attendance, as they are putting a game on which is difficult for away fans to get to...maybe that is their tactic?

Let's await the "we did everythng we could" statement..."we are very disappointed" blah blah blah!

denzel

More snow overnight in the "East of England", all roads except major ones very poor and icy. Still amazed this is going ahead, especially given Premiership postponements...

If Norwich call this off today it is an absolute disgrace as they knew exactly what the forecast was days ago and it has come true. Also, the existing access problems (which must be icy roads and pavements etc etc) have been an issue for a week now!

I am lucky that I live closer to Norwich than most Exewebbers, but am not going as I just dont see the justification for travelling in iffy conditions. That will be the same for a lot of Norwich fans too. If they go ahead, they deserve a low attendance, as they are putting a game on which is difficult for away fans to get to...maybe that is their tactic?

Let's await the "we did everythng we could" statement..."we are very disappointed" blah blah blah!
And you are playing into their hands by not going!Have faith, it will be on, and I may even join in the singing for once to celebrate!