• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town VS Exeter City. Official Match Day Thread. 09/03/2019

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
No Sweeney
Must be injured, conspiracy theory could be he didn't like Taylor's post match criticism for his part in the goal against Tranmere although that is purely speculation on my part and I expect to get shot down for it ! ;)

Last edited:

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Much more balanced line up. Glad Sweeney isn't involved.

Everbrite

Hello chaps, its quite breezy and sunny up here. Should play havoc with my new hip. Still, one has to struggle on tho, and I am here with a borrowed ST.
I do apologise for the early kick off, its due to those arrogant rugger types down the road. Im just leaving now, in my nice BMW. I predict 2-0 to the mighty Cobbs.
Regards, Tony.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Much more balanced line up. Glad Sweeney isn't involved.
Woodman as a wing back still isn't ideal however Taylor obviously doesn't trust Brown.

IndoMike

Woodman as a wing back still isn't ideal however Taylor obviously doesn't trust Brown.
Looks that way

manc grecian

Agreed. Maybe a more attacking option would have been chosen if we were at home

hardi2b

Cup of tea ,Marmite on toast and I'm ready for a 6am kick off ! Close one this, recon we can come away with a 0 - 1 win.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney has had an up and down season however I think he's been pretty good recently, also he's decent in the air. As a squad I think we aren't that strong in the air, apart from Martin and O'Shea we look weak in that department today, perhaps Hartridge is decent in the air, I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to match commentary, Hartridge is part of a back three with Woodman and Wilson as wing backs but this seems strange given that Hartridge is better going forward than Woodman.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
And Woodman is indeed playing further forward than AH.