• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know what is more pathetic, filming an entire game on your phone, or singing 'that is embarrassing' to the fans who let off the pyro, before letting it off yourself when you equalise...
I was thinking the same thing, although having lived in Northampton for some time and experienced some of the mouth breathers that live there I'm not entirely surprised.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
An interesting 'alternative' view of Saturday's action

Well, firstly it's not even a Vlog, they can't call it that.

Nice bit of editing from them singing 'it's always been quiet over there' to the aftermath of Aimson's goal. Doh!

Then later, in amongst the '4-0 at Wembley' chants they started singing 'Seagulls! Seagulls!'...did I miss our rivalry with Brighton?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, firstly it's not even a Vlog, they can't call it that.

Nice bit of editing from them singing 'it's always been quiet over there' to the aftermath of Aimson's goal. Doh!

Then later, in amongst the '4-0 at Wembley' chants they started singing 'Seagulls! Seagulls!'...did I miss our rivalry with Brighton?
We could easily have sang '4-0 and you f-ed it up' given that they came straight back down and we went up with fans in the ground 😆

Grecian Max

It always amazes me that people, even idiots, choose to sit/stand permanently in the least attractive part of a ground - the corner - just to shout abuse at the away fans.
Being honest and open here as an idiot - I would love to be able to do that at SJP 😂 Nothing better than attending a football match in person, go a goal or two down, turn it round to then wind up the fans that were winding you up. Joyous.

Sadly not a singing section but a family block at home

New ground one day

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being honest and open here as an idiot - I would love to be able to do that at SJP 😂 Nothing better than attending a football match in person, go a goal or two down, turn it round to then wind up the fans that were winding you up. Joyous.

Sadly not a singing section but a family block at home

New ground one day
I find it more weird that club's use the family section as a human shield, sandwiched between the away supporters and the home supporters. Get Razors & Mr No Shirt down the end of the Stanno stand - that'll learn 'em.

Spoonz Red E

I find it more weird that club's use the family section as a human shield, sandwiched between the away supporters and the home supporters. Get Razors & Mr No Shirt down the end of the Stanno stand - that'll learn 'em.
You don't want to mess with the Block A Family Section ....

Grecian Max

Argyle away lost a lot of it's edge with their club essentially disbanding Zoo Corner, and with it that home advantage from going into the lions den

Oldsmobile-88

I would love to be able to do that at SJP 😂 Nothing better than attending a football match in person, go a goal or two down, turn it round to then wind up the fans that were winding you up. Joyous.
You would have loved the Tea Stand(1980-85) 😎

Pic from April 1984 v PAFC

21272020-9E14-4076-B3D5-A07A8D346427.jpeg

PeteUSA

View attachment 15325
Hey! Dawlish's Richard Crabtree in goal, making his only first team appearance. He did alright too, as he was thrown in in an emergency! An excellent local lad, who had one major setback - he was far too short!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

View attachment 15325
just looked back at the Grecian Archive to remind myself just how bad that season was - 6 games yes only 6 games won all season home and away.