• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Northampton made a right meal of it but
.... You cannot incline your head towards an opponent. Silly
Woods didn't - Guthrie is taller and they went chest to chest with Woods obviously looking up as he's shorter.
The only difference was Guthrie feigned injury which ref saw and wrongly gave red to Woods when 2 yellows was correct.
Hope the club appeal when they get video evidence.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Northampton made a right meal of it but
.... You cannot incline your head towards an opponent. Silly
I'm not sure he did lean his head in. Admittedly I had to watch the replay several times but his chest or shoulder makes contact with the Northampton players chest or shoulder who goes down holding his head as if he's been shot.

Even the Northamtpn commentators said Guthrie was smiling after the incident and he knows what he was doing. I forgive Woods already anyway, let’s hope we can keep him for next year. We look a great team apart from that blip, Alli looks the real deal, definitely our new number 9 for next year.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not seen it yet - where does Guthrie rate on the ****-o-meter relative to Tim Sills?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woods head butted him, there was clear contact on the replay, how does that make Guthrie a cheat? I really never get this, like when people blamed Cristiano Ronaldo for Rooney stamping on him. My support for my team doesn't make me blind. It's literally a footballer's job to make a foul on them look as bad as they can and every single professional bar a few does it. If you're stupid enough to do something like that you deserve a red card, and a good ref will give a red card whatever the reaction from the player who is fouled.

Second half will be very interesting but may not be that entertaining, given we can't afford to be too ambitious now.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should be 3 up !

cannockred

App this ref hasn't had a game at this level before..poor refereeing that was ..
fingers crossed he doesnt get another!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woods head butted him, there was clear contact on the replay, how does that make Guthrie a cheat? I really never get this, like when people blamed Cristiano Ronaldo for Rooney stamping on him. My support for my team doesn't make me blind. It's literally a footballer's job to make a foul on them look as bad as they can and every single professional bar a few does it. If you're stupid enough to do something like that you deserve a red card, and a good ref will give a red card whatever the reaction from the player who is fouled.

Second half will be very interesting but may not be that entertaining, given we can't afford to be too ambitious now.
Sorry Ant but how can you headbutt someone taller ?

Simba3011

Either both reds or both yellows he's swung Woods to the floor first

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow, glad there's not really too much riding on the result here. Still we've done this before, winning with 10 men, going to be a challenge though.
Come on you beauties!