• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton away build up and predictions.

CWH-NYC_

Think we will have enough about us for at least a draw, maybe some late magic again from the youth to give us all three points.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So which academy graduate gets a start to keep that run going? No Sonny Cox..

If Diabate is edged out by Sweenz/Aimson then I'd go for Jake Richards to start again. Harry Kite is due an outing, but that's probably next week. Or Borges?
Kevin Nicholson singled out Jake for praise so I think he deserves his place on merit. Also doesn't seem much point risking Reece Cole at this stage of the season - let him rest up and get his back right for next season.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kevin Nicholson singled out Jake for praise so I think he deserves his place on merit. Also doesn't seem much point risking Reece Cole at this stage of the season - let him rest up and get his back right for next season.
Or protect Reece for possible transfer ?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can remember when we dumped them 5-0 on the open day of the season under Colin Appleton.
One of the very few matches my wife went to back in 1984, Missed all the goals too busy looking at the crowd, we stood on the old Big Bank just behind the goal. The other match I took her too was a wet winter's evening against Colchester, we bought fish and chips and I had them under my jacket, I was the first through the gate and forgot to pay for her, had to be called back, we lost that one 1-5 last match she went to, but she still married me tho'.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Preview, interviews (with Jake and Gary), and match official details

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed. Also GC says Sweenz is ruled out - so Diabate likely to start again.

crocks

We won 2-1 in an early season game there about 10 years ago. John O’Flynn scored a very late winner.
Thats the one. Thank you

Grecian2K

Have to say that, for "just" a 16 year old (very) young Jake does seem to have an extremely mature head on his shoulders already!
Another GEM from our production line?

Chief

I’ll be there with a few mates. Early start to allow for early KO.
Northampton Saints are also playing just down the road at 3pm and they get 15k so area is going to be very busy.
Mid table dead rubber game but hopefully both teams relax and put in a performance.
Players with contracts still to play for.

Might start on the Thunderbird and Drambuie early with occasional Buckfast chasers.
If you see me I’ll be the one in a Hawaiian shirt with an inflatable banana

andrew p long

I’ll be there with a few mates. Early start to allow for early KO.
Northampton Saints are also playing just down the road at 3pm and they get 15k so area is going to be very busy.
Mid table dead rubber game but hopefully both teams relax and put in a performance.
Players with contracts still to play for.

Might start on the Thunderbird and Drambuie early with occasional Buckfast chasers.
If you see me I’ll be the one in a Hawaiian shirt with an inflatable banana
Have you got anything more by which to identify you? Just in case we confuse you with all the other people in a Hawaiian shirt with an inflatable banana?