• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton 30 April pre match cobblers

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just shows you though, when they hammered us I thought this is some team, they should go on and do well in league 1. Yet here they are still clambering to get out of L2. Funny old game...

Chief

Same thing for a lot of teams that do well at our level. Better players get poached for better wages by bigger fish. Can you blame any individual player with a short career to look after himself and family? Take a look at how many “big” teams are in league 1 now.
How do we compete financially on 5k gates and much higher outgoings?

fred binneys head

They had that lad up front on loan who was dead good but then left, plus that winger that got injured at Wembley who then retired (I think). I hope we can stay up next season and think we will.

manc grecian

We were absolutely awful as well which never helps. *has Alex Fisher nightmares*

Banksy

Just shows you though, when they hammered us I thought this is some team, they should go on and do well in league 1. Yet here they are still clambering to get out of L2. Funny old game...
Yes it is , that’s why you shouldn’t crow until the fat lady’s sung.Can’t remember exactly , but I thought their team consisted of a lot of loan players at the time who obviously disappeared with promotion.And Curle set up a physical team which was just the sort of opposition we couldn’t deal with.
With our young academy players and set up and a little strengthening in key areas ,hopefully with a more skilful team we’ll be much more able to stay there and not become punch bags for the better teams.
Whatever , it would be lovely to go out and give them a footballing lesson tomorow , something for them to remember us by. Probably end up as a hard fought gritty 1-1 !

fred binneys head

We were absolutely awful as well which never helps. *has Alex Fisher nightmares*
My nightmares from that day were Bowman's 1-on-1 miss, Sweenz's all round panic and Deano's stupid red mist. I was there too, watching from the stands (in cardboard form) - to travel all that way for that performance was gutting.

contrabombarde

What a wonderful time to be a City supporter. Two more relaxed(ish) games, promotion in the bank and the likely prospect of Argyle going tits up.

What’s not to like.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Thames Valley Red

Show me the way to Derby County! Show me they to Sunderland too! Show me the way Sheffield Wednesday, Cos Plymouth Argyle we are coming for you!

Banksy

Show me the way to Derby County! Show me they to Sunderland too! Show me the way Sheffield Wednesday, Cos Plymouth Argyle You’re a load of poo!
Amended for factuals.