• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Normal service resumes, so IF the Grecians fail to get another point.........

whacker

I honestly do not believe the situation will arise as I am sure we will get at least three points from the remaining six games, but assuming it does.............. we will end up with 47 points and a goal difference of about -12.

Northampton will need 8 points (or 7 points and a goal difference improvement of +10) from their remaining 6 games or the Turks would need 9 points (or 8 points and a goal difference improvement of +12) from their remaining 5 games.

As I said, IF this (unlikely) scenario arises, what chance either of Northampton or the Turks succeeding with their remaining fixtures......

Northampton (8 points from)....
Accrington (A)
Burton (H)
Wycombe (A)
Portsmouth (H)
Dagenham & Redbridge (A)
Oxford United (H)

Torquay (9 points from)....
Scunthorpe (H)
Bristol Rovers (A)
Dagenham & Redbridge (H)
Mansfield (A)
Wycombe (H)

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With each game Northampton lose, the more their spirit I feel will be crushed, Accrington to my mind will be safe- 3 points v Northampton next week should seal that. If not they've a tough game v Burton and a 6 pointer v Wycombe.

I think it's already to much for Torquay.

As pathetic as we are, maybe 4 points will see us safe then a massive clear-out, but there's more chance of Accrington winning next week then us v Bury

motorservices

stanley will beat northampton, and i think we will get something at Bury, i just get that feeling

Langer

As you say it looks like Torquay have gone which is a shame if they got Chris in a bit sooner I think he could have kept them up hope he doesn't get ruled out as a Manager cause he brought Torquay down they got less money than we have :)

FAN-TATIC

I honestly do not believe the situation will arise as I am sure we will get at least three points from the remaining six games, but assuming it does.............. we will end up with 47 points and a goal difference of about -12.

Northampton will need 8 points (or 7 points and a goal difference improvement of +10) from their remaining 6 games or the Turks would need 9 points (or 8 points and a goal difference improvement of +12) from their remaining 5 games.

As I said, IF this (unlikely) scenario arises, what chance either of Northampton or the Turks succeeding with their remaining fixtures......

Northampton (8 points from)....
Accrington (A)
Burton (H)
Wycombe (A)
Portsmouth (H)
Dagenham & Redbridge (A)
Oxford United (H)

Torquay (9 points from)....
Scunthorpe (H)
Bristol Rovers (A)
Dagenham & Redbridge (H)
Mansfield (A)
Wycombe (H)
You've missed out our home game against Torquay mate!

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Away win 1-0 (rofl).

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Away win 1-0 (rofl).
**** hope I haven't jinxed it (tmi).

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
No way, of course it will be 1-0 to the Turks!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh no foxy you have ruined our season (facepalm)

whacker

If you read the OP properly, I stated that assuming the Grecians lost all of their remaining games (i.e lost to the Turks!), therefore the Turks need 9 points from their five other games!