• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nobody Sign's for City.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
The problem is, that City needs a striker/playmaker that can come into the side and make an immediate impact. Usually, these type of players cost money.

Its all very well picking up free agents, players that are recovering from injury or indeed rough diamonds but they need time to adapt, get fit and shine.

angelic upstart

The problem is, that City needs a striker/playmaker that can come into the side and make an immediate impact. Usually, these type of players cost money.
Players like McNamee and Kuqi were signed on frees for league one clubs just yesterday.

Everyone seems to be overlooking that we have not had our first eleven available all season. When the injuries die down our form will get better.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players like McNamee and Kuqi were signed on frees for league one clubs just yesterday.
Shefki Kuqi is old enough to be Jamie Cureton's dad.

Obviously I am not suggesting that he is.

If McNamee is the winger who was at Swindon and went to Naarwich, I thought he looked like a great little player.

angelic upstart

Shefki Kuqi is old enough to be Jamie Cureton's dad.

Obviously I am not suggesting that he is.

If McNamee is the winger who was at Swindon and went to Naarwich, I thought he looked like a great little player.
Kuqi is actually Jamie Cureton's grandfather.

Same McNamee la.

At least we didn't lose any players on deadline day.
Just imagine how much worse things would be if Dunne, Noble or Troy had been snapped up.

(Or even all three!)

UTC Big Bank

I think the point Malcolm is trying to make, is that it can be safely assumed a 'free agent' is crap! Although I could of course be wrong.
My oh my we do have short memories don't we! I remember a certain Mr Cureton being picked up for free! Being suggested by Tis as a bench warmer, pretty sure we were the ONLY club higher than league 2 that was even slighlty interested, then look what happened! I'm sorry but we have a sid built almost entirely on free agents and youth players, so your comment is crap (For lack of a better word) if anyone can find us a player for free its Tis, he has had to do this since day 1 with a club that has no money!!!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... where can i buy some of these glasses? i deffo need a pair. ...
Mine are so rose tinted they are now manufactured to my own personal specifications. However, these are probably as good as any to start with ... [y]

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Serious question - Do we have a scout (I'm not talking about boy scouts here)? We could really do with employing a scout to trawl around all the reserve and U18 matches throughout the country looking for talent. Lose a coach and bring in a scout if necessary. Actually just get rid of Billy Jones and use that money. Simple.

Now I know what you're thinking - I would be the perfect choice for this role.

Mark Wakeley

Serious question - Do we have a scout (I'm not talking about boy scouts here)? We could really do with employing a scout to trawl around all the reserve and U18 matches throughout the country looking for talent. Lose a coach and bring in a scout if necessary. Actually just get rid of Billy Jones and use that money. Simple.

Now I know what you're thinking - I would be the perfect choice for this role.

If I win euro millions this week the jobs yours...............

LOG

George Kent used to be our only scout on Championship Manager. He must have done some miles.