• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No stomach for a fight!

illicit jonny

So the sad day has finally come after over 40 years myself and 55 years my father
we have decided not to renew our season tickets.

Theres at least another 5-6 around us that have also decided against it after a similar amount of years.
How many more like this?

We decided long before Edwards and players leaving, the PFA loan
and whatever else might come out in the near future.

Just cant stomach another season, the board, mangers tactics etc etc etc
Prices going up, wanting the money nearly 10 weeks earlier this season
and so it goes on

Don't know what I'm going to do on a Saturday afternoon now.

Someone convince me we have made a BIG mistake and that all will be well
if we come back, please!

Like many on here I don't think I can do it until massive changes happen
the board, manager, basically the boys club, cabal call it want you want
MUST be shown the door

So so depressed.

UTC (just!)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't give up yet. Despite the current dire situation there is still a chance things can be stabilised and the Board reformed. Then if the Club can persuade Tis to play more positive football with a young side and we get some decent results the season might turn out better than last year. The main thing is that we avoid administration and relegation to the Conference.

Assuming we do start in L2 and without a points deduction, we can rebuild and you can start coming to games on a match-by-match basis. If things are sufficiently improved you could consider half season tickets at Xmas.

illicit jonny

yeah good point, we did talk about seeing games on a match-by-match basis and see what happens

I won't completely turn my back on the club, well not yet!

Barum

So the sad day has finally come after over 40 years myself and 55 years my father
we have decided not to renew our season tickets.

Theres at least another 5-6 around us that have also decided against it after a similar amount of years.
How many more like this?

We decided long before Edwards and players leaving, the PFA loan
and whatever else might come out in the near future.

Just cant stomach another season, the board, mangers tactics etc etc etc
Prices going up, wanting the money nearly 10 weeks earlier this season
and so it goes on

Don't know what I'm going to do on a Saturday afternoon now.

Someone convince me we have made a BIG mistake and that all will be well
if we come back, please!

Like many on here I don't think I can do it until massive changes happen
the board, manager, basically the boys club, cabal call it want you want
MUST be shown the door

So so depressed.

UTC (just!)
Three of our group who stand near Pillar 3 had ST's last season....None of us have renewed. POTG & choose my games next year.

As previously posted I don't know how else to express my discontent of the way the Club is run/managed, I know it also hits the Club financially but that is the only way to make ourselves heard.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Father in law and his brother haven't renewed either this season and aren't planning to go to so many matches despite bother living within a couple of miles of SJP.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
The only way is for a mass boycott. And we all know that most won't bother to do that. If it "hits the club in the pocket" then so be it, your money is only being wasted anyway.

Jam Doughnut

I will go to the first few games to see if we have changed but if it is the same old #### as the last 3 seasons then that's it.

hatch4england

Son and I and 3 of the 4 other ST holders we go with have not renewed, nor have the 2 people I met out last week...so I just don't believe this guff about the sales having gone well.

As far as I am aware no-one has had to put money into the club before to meet the May wage bill. July, yes. But of course, now that we have 'professional' directors being paid, not ones who aren't...in the end you could just look at the Trust as the organisation that paid our directors to drive us over the cliff (nearly).

wemissmoxey

The only way is for a mass boycott. And we all know that most won't bother to do that. If it "hits the club in the pocket" then so be it, your money is only being wasted anyway.
It is at the point where we are heading for the shhhiiittterr regardless of what happens so I can see your logic here.

People will obviously say that every penny counts however I wonder if we are at the stage of no return (before we head for administration) and every penny will be used as it has been before.

If we do go into administration and the likes of Tagg, Perryman and Tisdale buy the club (in one form or another) I will never set foot inside St James Park again.

I'm sure the likes of Lez, Lammiex3 and 007 will lap it up if those jokers take total control of the club, as hard as it would be that would be it for me.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

It is at the point where we are heading for the shhhiiittterr regardless of what happens so I can see your logic here.

People will obviously say that every penny counts however I wonder if we are at the stage of no return (before we head for administration).

If we do go into administration and the likes of Tagg, Perryman and Tisdale buy the club I will never set foot inside St James Park again.
It's been my logic for bloody ages. I don't want to put another penny in Taggy, PErryman, Tisdale's pockets. Every person that enters that ground is contributing to those three leeches taking the club over.

You're doing more bad than good by attending SJP these days.