• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No Drums Allowed at Notts County??????

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we approached the ground today, we bumped into one of our little drummer boys, looking a bit peeved. As I got inside, had found out, that our lads were not allowed to take their drums inside.

Ok, I thought, rules are rules, although a bit of daft one, but hey, we'll still make loadsa noise.

Then, after being inside the ground, we suddenly heard banging from the Notts County fans home end :S So they were allowed drums in?????

We were all puzzled to say the least......

At half time, as I was going to the loo, I asked one of the stewards, why we weren't allowed our drums, but they were. He couldn't give me an answer, but was honest and said, he didn't agree, that that should be allowed. He also, said, you should write a complaint to the club.

So, if anyone from Notts County is reading this, would appreciate it, if you could shed any light on this matter.

As I left at full time, the same steward, said 'Don't forget to write that letter'

I think it made a differnce with us having no drum, the atmosphere was good, but not as good, as Wycombe.

And well, done to the lads for the new chants, loved em [y]

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

What a fooking disgrace. Drum allowed in the home end, but not away. A 10 year old lad told to "leave it at the turnstile" by order of the chairman.

The club is generally very well run, but this aspect p*ssed me off greatly.

mightymagpie1862

Hi mate, I had no idea that drums were not allowed for away fans, but I will find out and let you know the outcome, I am sure there have been drums allowed in the past
Im in hospital for a couple of days for an operation so it may be Wednesday before I find out, but I assure you I will and let you know the outcome

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi mate, I had no idea that drums were not allowed for away fans, but I will find out and let you know the outcome, I am sure there have been drums allowed in the past
Im in hospital for a couple of days for an operation so it may be Wednesday before I find out, but I assure you I will and let you know the outcome

Thanks for that, would be interesting to hear the outcome of this. I always thought, that if a rules in place, it's in place for a reason, but when the home fans had a drum, well puzzled, and as t.a.f.k.a.g.g said pi*ssed off is a bit of an understatement

MikeB

Hey maybe this goes back to the time when a whole Symphony Orchestra was stopped from entering the away end? Apparently the trombone was the problem, as it would constantly bash the person stood in front. They also had some difficulty getting the harp trough the turnstiles.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think Brentford will be the same - but consistent in that they are not allowed for the home fans either.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hey maybe this goes back to the time when a whole Symphony Orchestra was stopped from entering the away end? Apparently the trombone was the problem, as it would constantly bash the person stood in front. They also had some difficulty getting the harp trough the turnstiles.
You been on the "pop" again Mike? ;):D

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although the inconsistency between the home & away ends is pretty poor, well done Notts County for keeping at least part of the ground drum free. I don't see the need for drums at games, and would like to see them banned from all grounds.

MikeB

Although the inconsistency between the home & away ends is pretty poor, well done Notts County for keeping at least part of the ground drum free. I don't see the need for drums at games, and would like to see them banned from all grounds.
Agree wholeheartedly. Hence my flippant comment above.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

I was queuing to go through the turnstile and this young lad (who I don't know) look gutted. I went to the turnstile and tried to argue his case, explained that he looks about 10 and will not hurt anyone with it. "No". I asked for an explanation of the rule and none could be offered.

Magpie: Thanks for the above, hope the op goes well.

Mike B / Strongbow: Made I larf! But I think your lot are starting to be in the minority for the first time. Never thought I'd see the day people were moaning we COULDN'T get a drum in the ground!!