• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season's kits?

Colin B

Plain Red no stripes. ;-)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is the back of the home shirt a "box" or stripes all the way down?
I understand that both kits are plain on the back, so the same size numbers (white) can be used on all sizes.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The kits look fine to me, but will not be rushing out to buy one at present. Hope they do raise some income however.

I liked the "Ajax" kit when we went down. It gets remembered for that mainly, but I think that just because we were being run even worse back then isn't reason in itself. If people really didn't like the kit in isolation then fair enough.
Ajax?? It looked nothing like Ajax. Like I said, rugby league kit is more the description.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Ajax?? It looked nothing like Ajax. Like I said, rugby league kit is more the description.
whatever you want to call it, my point was it should be criticised if people thought it looked rubbish rather than because it was around when Russell and lewis were here and we went down. It probably resembled Ajax about as closely as the brazil third kit resembled a brazil kit but that's another story.

Grecian_Jay

It looked identical to Ajax Greasy. What you banging on about?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I always referred to it as the "Ajax" kit too.

The replica kit (and the kit the Exiles FC team had) was horrible to wear, mind. Try playing in it, you needed Vaseline for the nips.

Grecian_Jay

I always referred to it as the "Ajax" kit too.

The replica kit (and the kit the Exiles FC team had) was horrible to wear, mind. Try playing in it, you needed Vaseline for the nips.
We wore it for a 6-a-side team we had. Felt like wearing barb wire. Loved the look of it though.

Red Lion

It looked identical to Ajax Greasy. What you banging on about?
Not really Jay. Yes the colours were right, but Ajax have a parallel red stripe, that shirt had a stripe that started small at the bottom then grew almost into a 'T' at the top. In a rugby league stylee.

I quite liked it mind! Better than our new home strip.

grecIAN Harris

Not really Jay. Yes the colours were right, but Ajax have a parallel red stripe, that shirt had a stripe that started small at the bottom then grew almost into a 'T' at the top. In a rugby league stylee.

I quite liked it mind! Better than our new home strip.
Which is why in previous posts on this thread I have refered to it as such.

Athelstan

Talking of Exeter City kits, I noticed that Toffs currently has the 1972-3 season retro shirt on sale at £19.99 instead of the usual £39.99. I've had this shirt for several years and it washes really well with no colour bleeding. Just thought I'd mention it if anyone has had their eye on it but has ben put off by the cost.

http://www.toffs.com/exeter-city-19721973-retro-football-shirt