• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Prime Minister ?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Before his office chair was even warm, I recall you saddling Cameron with the name "Camoron."

What name have you got lined up for Mrs May?
Dis-May???

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dis-May???
Maybe Maybe?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe Maybe?
Predictable response.

I wonder what Lance Corporal Jones would say about you two. ;)

Mr Jinx

Some things I've been pondering on:

1) I can't see a GE happening without A50 having already being trigered and a Brexit irrveresible. So that probably means 2020, and there will be no second referendum sadly.
2) re Chancellor. I think Osborne will be shown the door fairly promptly; he is very much of the old order and she won't want him hanging around like a bad smell. Javid's too much of a gamble and didn't shine himself in glory over Port Talbot. Hammond is probably the safest pair of hands.
3) Crabb is now damaged goods and will probably sit out this round and wait till it all blows over. Justine Greening will probably now jump above him in the pecking order.
4) Brexit dept. Talk of Liam Fox heading this up, although I think David Davies might be a shrewder choice.
5) Gove I think will stay where he is. Boris is the awkward one. She will want to include him somewhere, but he's not going to want a small post. Foreign Secretary perhaps if May doesn't move Osborne there?
Pretty much called it. What does Peston know anyway!?

Alistair20000

Pretty much called it. What does Peston know anyway!?
Yep some good calls there Jinxster. (clap)

StroudGrecian

Ah, the sort of intellectual snobbery that drove millions to vote for Brexit.
(rofl) Intellectual snobbery? **** me Tavy, if you think that's intellectual you're thicker than even I thought.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

This made me chuckle - know the feeling!
I expect some Brexiters feel exactly the same way after discussing the Referendum issues with certain Remainers.

tavyred

(rofl) Intellectual snobbery? **** me Tavy, if you think that's intellectual you're thicker than even I thought.
I'll ignore the personal insult.
That said, I was referring not so much about the unfunny website you linked to, but your remarks.
I don't know you but you do present as a bit of a intellectual snob, I'm not necessarily calling you clever though.

Last edited:
What a load of twaddle, so what happened to the Armageddon promised by the Remainers ? Ok so the speculators and financial predators, as usual attempted to make a fast buck or too, but the FTSE has now bounced back to a record high since 2008, and by the time we are finally free in 2 plus years time, I reckon the exchange rate against the Euro will be far into positive territory !

If you ever believe what any politician says you are clearly deluded ! The first thing MPs of all political allegiances did was stab each other in the back and indulge in a frenzy of power grabbing, the only thing they care about are their miserable little selves. Even the normal admirable Ben Bradshaw was one of the first to put the knife in, before revealing that along with just Blair, Bush and the US Arms Industry, that he still thinks the Iraq War was justifiable !

Get over it, and stop showing yourself up as just a rather sad, and sore loser.
This is complete Bull. Firstly, the FTSE which you referred to is the FTSE 100, which is made up of businesses mainly from outside the UK, who benefit from a weak pound, so that was always going to rise well. The FTSE 250 suffered a major dip and is recovering, will it reach the levels it did before the Referendum, I am not entirely sure BUT short term markets is not where the problem will lie. It is in terms of growth and whether businesses will be deterred by Brexit. So far growth forecasts show the hint of a recession and I know of many businesses who are now put off investing in the UK.

If you genuinely think we will be 'free' in 2 years you are deluded. The balance in negotiations is in the EUs favour, we may import more from them BUT they are much bigger and can easily swallow up any loses. France is currently trying to prevent a surge in Anti-Europe support, so they will be trying to ensure that the UK is not treated favourably. We won't allow free movement of people but that will come, in my opinion, at a massive cost with the potential loss of free trade with the single market.

It will be fun to see what happens when things do go wrong as to what approach the Brexiters take and who they will blame. My bet is that 'well a recession was always going to happen, cant blame it on us' .

I'll ignore the personal insult.
That said, I was referring not so much about the unfunny website you linked to, but your remarks.
I don't know you but you do present as a bit of a intellectual snob, I'm not necessarily calling you clever though.
Come off this intellectual snobbery bull****. People should be listening to people who actually have a clue what they are talking about.