• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next ECFC Club Captain.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure he's a leader.

Will be interesting to see who Taylor brings in, perhaps he will bring some leadership in.
He may well do that, it wouldn't surprise me but I'd be going for someone who is already known by the players. After the craziness of the past few weeks it would be a way to calm things rather than introducing another new situation.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He may well do that, it wouldn't surprise me but I'd be going for someone who is already known by the players. After the craziness of the past few weeks it would be a way to calm things rather than introducing another new situation.
Fair enough Geoff, I guess I'd just like to see who is in the building before selecting my leader.

geoffwp

As you said before, there's no real hurry on that score anyway.

Alistair20000

With all the leavers Matt Taylor as captain/player-manager. ;)

Number13

Jake Taylor all day long. Regular player, consistent and has done the job when JMT was out

Jammers20

Think it's too early to say yet. I don't feel like the transfer goings have stopped yet. feel we will loose one or two more players.
I think it will be given to someone who Taylor brings in. No one in our current squad in my opinion really sticks out as a leader.

Banksy

I suppose theoretically , Matt could appoint an assistant who is still playing who wants to get into management.If so , he might be a ready made captain.It will be good to get some news , facts rather than speculation, got a feeling it won't be long before we do.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake Taylor for sure with Pym as stand by for when Taylor doesn't play.

LOG

Whoever has the best heads or tails win rate will do.

andrew p long

Whoever has the best heads or tails win rate will do.
Agree with this. We don’t want a useless tosser as captain.