• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport v ECFC Match day thread

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here it is. We really need to win these type of games if they stand any chance of promotion but it will be tough because they are fighting to get off the bottom and especially with it it being John Sheridans first game in charge of Newport. UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nice easy trip, and back in time for the rugby.

Sheridan hasn't had much time with his team, so will guess they'll be told to keep it simple and defend well. We just need to play our own game.

Jason's match report http://www.exeweb.com/2015/10/02/next-up-newport-county-vs-exeter-city/

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
UTC... Safe trip all (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If Harley, Oakley and Noble are missing today, which given Tuesday night's line-up and injury could happen, then it could be an interesting midfield, with little creativity.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
And I'm the time traveller's wife.

Leaving in a couple of hours, as ever travelling in hope rather than expectation. COYR!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leaving in a couple of hours, as ever travelling in hope rather than expectation. COYR!
Good luck Stroudy.

Bring us back the three points mate.

....no pressure....

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could prove a tough game,newports players all out to impress the new boss.

or they could all try a little to hard try and take us on and end up getting a royal spanking !!!!

Odd? I'de go Even stevens,, somehow dont see it a goaless draw.

ecfc70

new boss or not, this is a game we should be looking to take by the balls and get that goal difference up
common city, get amongst it early

On the up

Difficult to predict due to new mgr. however, from what I've seen so far, we can win every game in this league. It's about us putting in a performance. Attacking and defending as a team. Still think we haven't played our strongest team as yet. Hope we don't resort to the slow midfield play, with no legs in the middle. It's our weak link when in posssssion and our left flank has been our weak link when not in possession. After Tuesday we'll have some tired legs, but still fancy us for a close win.

Last edited:

GrecianWonder

If Harley, Oakley and Noble are missing today, which given Tuesday night's line-up and injury could happen, then it could be an interesting midfield, with little creativity.
Davies, Oyeleke and McCready possibly??

Probably Butterfield as the anchor though. I find Butterfield to either have a very good passing display (such as against Sunderland) or he fails in simple passes (such as Portsmouth in the JPT if my memory is correct).