• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some pics from a County fan. Might be too arty for some of you! http://www.flickr.com/photos/77525449@N03/sets/72157642483090454

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
YouTube video. Bit too far away to see why Krysiak didn't keep hold of the ball. http://youtu.be/8tSEKBrxqsI
For some reason a Barry Manilow song was in my head watching that.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Artur actually punched the ball away with two fists, but only managed to propel it a few feet in front of him. Saw it as plain as daylight!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Artur actually punched the ball away with two fists, but only managed to propel it a few feet in front of him. Saw it as plain as daylight!
He was clearly fouled. Shame the foul was his own team mate.

wiveygrecian

When their pitch was flooded, i read somewhere that it did have drainage, but only on half of it. They then borrowed some inflatable cover but put it on and didn't inflate it so all the water ran underneath.
I was talking to one of Newport's security booked in the away bar, and yes you are right it is only one half with drainage because they had a company do it in the summer and they did a shocking job on it. Even the half that was done only has 5 drainage pipes and should have 12.
I think they are considering suing . Sounds like the lot that did our pitch.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
No it doesn't. The Beeb says Sercs conceded a free kick on 51.03, the goal came almost a minute later.

According to @OfficialECFC:

The lead lasts about a minute and Newport reply at the other end as the ball is bundled in after a corner by Minshull.
Now you can watch it in glorious technicolour, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tSEKBrxqsI

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some pics from a County fan. Might be too arty for some of you! http://www.flickr.com/photos/77525449@N03/sets/72157642483090454
Very WSC-esque!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with this.

For me, Gow and Keohane have been the most creative players for us in the last couple of years. I can understand why Gow was swapped for Richards if it saved us money, but not including Jimmy even in the squad??
Couldn't agree more, love him or loathe him on his day Gow is class in this division, but I guess we needed to save cash, even though loaning out a player of his ability is a bad financial decision anyway in my view, and people like Keohane and Grimes should always be in the squad, I do find it all a bit baffling sometimes.....

Red Lion

There was one steward in particular who seemed to be on a bonus for every person he threw out, with, presumably, added financial rewards if he turned a good natured crowd into an angry one. His name is Tony and you can write to the Head of Operations Mark Jones to complain about him if you wish.
That describes what I saw from a distance quite well. I know it's Exeweb but on this occasion I didn't see everything that went on and it would be wrong of me to make a formal complaint

Last edited:

radiogrecian

That describes what I saw from a distance quite well. I know it's Exeweb but on this occasion I didn't see everything that went on and it would be wrong of me to make a formal complaint
We can't be sure of exactly what went on, but the attitude of the stewards was clear to see. I truly think we would have been safer WITHOUT any stewards on Sunday.

500 people, all wanting a good time, all supporting the same cause, all wanting to have fun. If the stewards hadn't been there, there would have been no trouble IMO.

You can also email your feelings to: [email protected]