• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newcommer!

JRFowler

Greetings everyone, just thought id pop in a say hi to everyone as a new member and ask a few questions.

I am a new fan of exeter city, I have only really ever followed premiership football in my days other than when I was younger and my parents use to take me to tiverton games, recently I have really got fed up with how out of touch the football is at prem level and ive decided to start following exeter as they are my local club of whom I have always had admiration for since watching them play tiverton numerous times in friendlies..

Being completely new I do have a few questions tho and I think this would be the best place to ask,

firstly, I see the "Trust" thing is talked about alot here, there and everywhere with city and I have some questions regarding it, I understand how it works to a degree but does the trust have a direct say on how the club is run? more say than the directors, chairman, what is the level of power the trust has and how did it come about recieving this level of respect? It seems like this trust has alot more say on the running of the club than say a regular supporters club would, or maybe thats just me being silly?

I do have other questions but il take them one at a time!!

Greetings everyone, just thought id pop in a say hi to everyone as a new member and ask a few questions.

I am a new fan of exeter city, I have only really ever followed premiership football in my days other than when I was younger and my parents use to take me to tiverton games, recently I have really got fed up with how out of touch the football is at prem level and ive decided to start following exeter as they are my local club of whom I have always had admiration for since watching them play tiverton numerous times in friendlies..

Being completely new I do have a few questions tho and I think this would be the best place to ask,

firstly, I see the "Trust" thing is talked about alot here, there and everywhere with city and I have some questions regarding it, I understand how it works to a degree but does the trust have a direct say on how the club is run? more say than the directors, chairman, what is the level of power the trust has and how did it come about recieving this level of respect? It seems like this trust has alot more say on the running of the club than say a regular supporters club would, or maybe thats just me being silly?

I do have other questions but il take them one at a time!!
Welcome aboard. You're gonna get a lot of replies now about how we the fans have no direct influence on the club, but try reading this www.ecfcst.org.uk/home/trust-history/ and the rest of the info on the site and make your own mind up.

ECFC traveller

Welcome newcomer.

Exeter is a fantastic club, but do you mind if I ask your age?

wondering if you're another OAP like the rest of the people on here -___-

MikeGrecian

Welcome newcomer.

Cheeky little fecker,you want me to tell Santa not to visit you this Xmas?^o)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
In view of the question in the OP I would expect the mods to move this thread to the barren wastelands of the Trust forum. ecfc gorl must have gone to bed.

Red Lion

In view of the question in the OP I would expect the mods to move this thread to the barren wastelands of the Trust forum. ecfc gorl must have gone to bed.
I may be wrong, but if you're not actually in the Trust, you can't view those threads?

Join the Trust anyway 'Newcommer', welcome!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I may be wrong, but if you're not actually in the Trust, you can't view those threads?

Join the Trust anyway 'Newcommer', welcome!
Anyone can view those threads but sadly visitors are rare. Currently viewing: Nil, zero, bugger all. :(

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Welcome JRFowler good to have you on board [y]

FAN-TATIC

Welcome newcomer.

One day little one, if you are lucky you too will be an OAP. Unfortunately, too many people never make it.

What OAP's have is experience of life? Something you are still in the process of learning.

There Fanny has bitten! Happy now?:;)

Newcomer, don't take Exeweb too seriously and you will be fine.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I guess that we wouldn't want the newcommer to fall fowl! of the multi syndrome either

Last edited: