• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New strip (Home shirts)

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: New strip...

F*cking sh*te. Begining of July? It's August ffs and the 'superstore' isn't even working.

Give me strength.

David Treharne

Re: With all this moaning about the new shirt ...

... what seems to be apparent is that The Trust is becoming less relevant in the scheme of things. I guess with all this extra revenue (except the lost opportunity with the merchandise) that the percentage The Trust contributes to the club when compared to turnover is getting smaller each year.
I say this about The Trust, because the real issue is not just the diabolical shirts, its the total lack of communication between the Club & The Trust regarding the issue, leaving us lot none the wiser. That's why I feel Al's 1931 scheme is a brilliant idea, and has been so successful because once again it has connected the fans with the club.
I'm 200 miles away and maybe I miss a lot that goes on, but surely I'm not alone in thinking this?
Dealing with each of these points in turn:
" The Trust is becoming less relevant in the scheme of things" The Trust has just placed a second non-executive Director on the Club Board who has become the Company Secretary.

"the percentage The Trust contributes to the club when compared to turnover is getting smaller each year." On the other hand the Trust, for the second successive year is about to increase the amount that it LOANS to the Club each season, and as membership grows this will be reviewed during the course of each season. If you could possibly make it to the AGM (see the Trust part of the website for details) you would gain some appreciation of just how vital and thriving the Trust actually is.

"the real issue is not just the diabolical shirts" Yes it is! The shirts that are on sale are not the ones that the BOS approved. If you have a complaint about this then contact the commercial department at the Club and take them to task over what is being sold. As an aside I had two complaints about them when I was shopping yesterday afternoon and the quality and finish is very poor. Bear in mind that the 'Commercial Department' is also outsourced and their income depends on the deals that they do.

"total lack of communication between the Club & The Trust regarding the issue" If you knew just how much traffic about this topic has passed between BOS members and the Club Board over this issue you would know that this is a completely erronious statement.

The BOS thoroughly supports Al's efforts in raising further money, and indeed are subscribing to it (see the list of subscribers).

Many of the issues that you raise will be subjects for debate at the Club AGM. If there are specific issues that you want further information about get in touch with a Trustee by PM. As a further reason for trying to get to the Trust AGM you might like to raise some of these points at the meeting. You might also be interested to know that two of the current incumbent Executive Directors are up for readoption during the remainder of this year, and with any matter that you might want to have answered about specific topics you ought to address your questions to the appropriate person- they are after all receiving remuneration for undertaking business on behalf of the Club and hence the Trust.

Chris Phillips

Another thought - for anyone who wants to get involved in improving Trust operations, gain a better understanding of the Trust and BoS role and its relationship with the Club and have an impact, stand for election to the BoS.

Details have been sent to all Trust members, people are still wthin time to seek candidate packs. Go on, stand for election instead of observing at arms length, make an attempt and put yourselves forward.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Another thought - for anyone who wants to get involved in improving Trust operations, gain a better understanding of the Trust and BoS role and its relationship with the Club and have an impact, stand for election to the BoS.

Details have been sent to all Trust members, people are still wthin time to seek candidate packs. Go on, stand for election instead of observing at arms length, make an attempt and put yourselves forward.
However, some off us live a long way from Exeter, coupled with not having something different to offer, then some of us will have to contribute by being supporters.

I'm looking forward to the debate on this subject at the AGM though (prior to the (Wycombe game).

Grecian_Harryj

I still Don't like te way of how we get tickets online.

Cheggers

Here you go Ian.

Does anyone have a close up pic of the new shirt, didn't think it looked that bad vs spurs, same as the last few years with a few changes

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster

The shirt on sale to mere mortals is a poor replica that does'nt match the standard of the shirt worn by the players...
Really?

Why would Carbrini double the complexity of their manufacturing process?

finetime

... let us all remember a few other things.

• Steps have been taken to help fans get tickets easier in what will be a much busier season (whether you like the system or not!)
  • Tis wanted, and got, a number of changes to the C&F which he feels will push us forward on the football side
  • Tis stayed, probably partly because of the point above
  • A new catering contract has been introduced. The Red Square is fantastic, the tea huts look to be selling a good range and there are good things being said about the matchday hospitality food.
  • Well thought out signings that aren't going jeopardise our future.
  • Over 2000 STs sold!
  • We can now buy merchandise all over Devon

OK, so the new shirt is crap, and hopefully that will be addressed, but lets keep everything in perspective.
What do you want, Lister? Another thread singing the praises or everything great about ECFC? Aren't the dozens of warm, congratulatory threads in the past few seasons enough for now? Or should we just merge things into one great big super love-in thread?

I don't see how selling season tickets or being able to buy a pasty on matchday has anything to do with accountability or people holding their hands up when they have made a massive error. Or just communicating with fans by saying "sorry, massive f*ck up on our part we'll strive not to let it happen again...". But no, you just seem to want to spin it, again. I'm getting really, really ****** off with some of the posters on Exeweb who work for the club/trust who seem determined to use it as a way of manipulating arguments and moving thoughts/opinions away from questions people want to ask. Seems totally unprofessional to me - I'd prefer to have nobody from the club on here if it means we don't have to have constant "bang the drum" type threads as seen recently. Or perhaps there should just be official trust and club sigs who can post things here officially if necessary.

I'm sorry if you think it's just criticism. Feel free to have a look back at my posting history and I've been nothing but complementary about the trust, the commercial department and the general setup. This doesn't stop me feeling let down about a few issues recently but the real, real thing I have a problem with is people like you convincing me everything is great and good. Do you want me to feel stupid for having concerns?

For instance I never knew that..

"the real issue is not just the diabolical shirts" Yes it is! The shirts that are on sale are not the ones that the BOS approved. If you have a complaint about this then contact the commercial department at the Club and take them to task over what is being sold. As an aside I had two complaints about them when I was shopping yesterday afternoon and the quality and finish is very poor. Bear in mind that the 'Commercial Department' is also outsourced and their income depends on the deals that they do.
So the commercial department is also outsourced? I'm really, really confused now. Who at the club actually makes decisions? Who at the trust actually oversees these decisions and decides if they are the right or wrong ones? Where's the f*cking accountability? Why do the club go super weird when a post about employees gets asked? Why can't we have a breakdown/flowchart of employment and management structure at the club? Why so so guarded.

I love the model at our club but it will only thrive on openness with the fans and above all else accountability. I don't feel it's like this at the moment so I'll be cancelling my trust subs immediately until I see there's been a change in attitude. I feel really disappointed and especially with people like you Lister, who's opinion and intelligence I have genuine respect for, feels the need to spin and push issues completely irrelevant to the concerns genuine city fans have raised. Super disappointed.

utc.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

They run the tea huts, the kitchen and the bars (that's at all times, not just match days).
Cos there's a big call for the tea huts to be open on non matchdays of course.....

David Treharne

So the commercial department is also outsourced? I'm really, really confused now. Who at the club actually makes decisions? Who at the trust actually oversees these decisions and decides if they are the right or wrong ones? Where's the f*cking accountability? Why do the club go super weird when a post about employees gets asked? Why can't we have a breakdown/flowchart of employment and management structure at the club? Why so so guarded. utc.
In order and very briefly in answer to the above:

"Yes" Bruce Henderson and Mark Jenkins are not employees of the Club in the sense that most people understand 'employment'. On the other hand Andy Gillard is.

Sorry you're confused.

The Trust 'employ' Directors to make decisions on their behalf. The accountability rests with the interface between the Club Board and the BOS Board in the form of a Joint Board that meets on a regular basis. From the point of view of the BOS several members of it post regularly on Exeweb

You would have to ask the Directors about "go(ing) super weird", and I refer you to part of my previous posting to perhaps figure out why this might be the case.

The lack of any form of organogram about structure might be because the ways in which the Club is run, and the the ways that Directors might interface with the Trust are very probably going to alter- possibly even as early as this week- quite fundamentally.If you want to appreciate just how quickly the organisational structure has and needs to change further you might be interested to look at the programme for the Carlisle United game played at St James Park on 9th October 2004 and see that many of the issues that were raised on pages 2 and 3 have still not been resolved - they've just been altered.

I'd like to try and persuade you not to give up on the Trust, because one of its major strengths is (and has been) that it has adapted and grappled with problems throughout its nine year history, and it's in the middle of doing so again, and really need the 3000 members to keep faith in order to allow 'the management' to drive the Club forward to even greater success.