• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New stand

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I make it 1049 seats.

Oldsmobile-88

if its that one does the plans need changing as the plans were for a covered terrace
The one at The Hive was a covered terrace....That was replaced recently with a seated stand.

suffolklad

the one from underhill simply won't fit so it must be the one from the hive

malcolms

The one at The Hive was a covered terrace....That was replaced recently with a seated stand.
I think you're right..on that basis, its a bit more basic.....They seem to have stands to spare at Barnet...Have no idea how Kleanthous finds the dosh... :S

Version two....

http://footballgroundguide.com/barnet/south-terrace-hive-stadium-barnet.jpg

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Barnet built a new stand at Underhill behind the goal at the bottom of the slope, I think this is the one that they were selling...... Its got amber seats.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SZAoVPGnG1o/Tih_yyf8U1I/AAAAAAAAALA/7vkRdKHOm_Y/s1600/CIMG4501.JPG
Barnet built a new stand at the hive. Not sure what has happened to underhill, and whether that seated stand is still there.

I would assume it's the terrace. When the plans were being drawn up, the proposals were based on that terrace. Pictures of it were in the consultation events. Plus if it's the seated stand I imagine we would have to make another planning application, and can't see they would want to do that after the battle to get this far. The type of terrace is supposed to be designed to be above to be taken apart and sold if things change at a later date.

Pleased that stuff appears to be happening behind the scenes, as really want the away end sorted to improve the look of the ground. If this is at the cat and fiddle , surely someone must have seen it and be able to confirm which one it is?

sladie

I think you're right..on that basis, its a bit more basic.....They seem to have stands to spare at Barnet...Have no idea how Kleanthous finds the dosh... :S

Version two....

http://footballgroundguide.com/barnet/south-terrace-hive-stadium-barnet.jpg
its a tax ploy for sure, if he is gearing up to sell underhill (must be worth a bucket load) by building a new stand at the Hive he is basiclly able to write some off against tax (and tbh i wouldnt blame him)

sladie

Barnet built a new stand at the hive. Not sure what has happened to underhill, and whether that seated stand is still there.

I would assume it's the terrace. When the plans were being drawn up, the proposals were based on that terrace. Pictures of it were in the consultation events. Plus if it's the seated stand I imagine we would have to make another planning application, and can't see they would want to do that after the battle to get this far. The type of terrace is supposed to be designed to be above to be taken apart and sold if things change at a later date.

Pleased that stuff appears to be happening behind the scenes, as really want the away end sorted to improve the look of the ground. If this is at the cat and fiddle , surely someone must have seen it and be able to confirm which one it is?
someone has posted on FB saying they saw lorry (ies) arriving with it, how true i dont know

dontpassback

someone has posted on FB saying they saw lorry (ies) arriving with it, how true i dont know
That is 100 per cent correct.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Arriving where?

Oldsmobile-88

Pleased that stuff appears to be happening behind the scenes, as really want the away end sorted to improve the look of the ground,
It would not be put up before the new stand is built I would imagine...It would appear that there is money to upgrade the away end..That stand even second hand would be the thick end of 70k..