• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New South West Football Magazine

lewy

To All Exeweb Users

I am part of four people looking to set up a magazine designed for the clubs in the South West, including Torquay, Truro, Yeovil, Argyle and Exeter.

Initially, we hope to launch as an internet based magazine, then develop it into print format.

We have many good ideas for content and the general look of the magazine, as we are all supporters of these clubs and believe we can deliver the football fans of the South West something different and engaging.

The aim of this post is to get the general opinions of you, the Exeter City fans.

The magazine will have varied content from guest writers, special features, our own sourced photography and have the niche concept of including all of the major teams from the South West in magazine format.

Magazines have the ability to provide more of a varied content due to creative designs in layouts, whilst our team will be working to secure avenues that provide readers with exciting and interesting content.
Truro are a club that has seen a meteoric rise in the last few seasons. We feel that this magazine would be able to give the club superb coverage in the Somerset, Devon and Cornwall regions, with content that differs from the usual newspaper match reports.

What would you like to see in this new publication? Would you like to hear about how the other local teams are faring? Or, even, do you think it is a good idea at all?

Any of your opinions and feedback you can give us will be much welcomed and help towards designing a magazine for you, as well as questions you may have.

Many Thanks

Grecian_Harry

Very good idea, just if its not as biased as the Western morning news towards Argyle.

i8cornwall

is there any way of getting involved in this?

lewy

Grecian_Harry - Of course we would be completely neutral in terms of bias in our approach to this publication. All four of us have links and interests in each of the different clubs in the South West, probably the reason for starting this.

i8cornwall - As for getting involved in what capacity were you thinking?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi Lewy, sounds like a good idea.

I run www.tivertongrecian.co.uk/ an exeter blog. I could write pieces for your mag if you wanted to. Pop me a PM if you're interested.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Problem is Memo, it's never updated and you didn't even bother sorting out your end of season POTY award. Shoddy that.

Lewy, It's a good idea, but rather than make it another "this is the news you've seen elsewhere" type of read, try and make it funny. Get the unique characters of the local clubs across. Have a "vest in the West" and get people to wear vests to games so they can win a place on a wall of shame or something. Please don't just make it another blog, make it an online fanzine, so to speak.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem is Memo, it's never updated - I'll resume after Exam season

and you didn't even bother sorting out your end of season POTY award. Shoddy that. - Oh yeah?..
Answered [y]

cityno1ledgend

Same as memo I could possibly write you some articles or anything to get invovled this would be great. Any information pm me if you like.

Fareham Grecian

Same as memo I could possibly write you some articles or anything to get invovled this would be great. Any information pm me if you like.
Why would they want someone who can't spell 'legend'?

milts

How often would the magazine be published?