• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Manager's Job Description

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
GH I also said this years ago when I was a Trustee but at the time apart from two other colleagues I was a voice in the wilderness and no one wanted to know. In the end I resigned from the sheer frustration of having to sit through interminable meetings where the discussion was mostly about the minutae of protocol and procedures.

I have no real idea what the make of the Trust Board is now but in those days the members largely came from an Academic or Local Authority background with little or no experience of the hard nosed business and commercial world. I still think the way forward is sensible investment and making the Trust monies work for the Trust.
Again more evidence of the village hall/fete committee mentality not that of a board running a business. It has to change. Too many are busy trying to call Tis to account when really they should looking higher. It won't matter who the manager is, he and the club as a whole will be anchored where it currently stands.