• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Yet they attract twice as many fans to games so making more money, Something wrong with City attracting more fans which must be down to the attitude of we are a small club in league two, Which is not really attractive.
Does that figure include the thousands of giveaway tickets they regularly hand out in the Drake precinct and then count them as being issued and used ?

Dannyred

Darlington's George Reynolds stadium or whatever they called it, another prime example.
Or you could say the 20 Million New York Stadium where city played a few years ago, whatever happened to Rotherham United ?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or you could say the 20 Million New York Stadium where city played a few years ago, whatever happened to Rotherham United ?
They are bumping between the Championship and L1, something they have traditionally done in their history.

DB9

Rotherham's new stadium is very close to Millmoor, Not really out of town and they are still yo-yoying between The Championship and L1.

i8cornwall

The plastic pitch rule is one of the more daft. Lower league clubs are supposed to be community hubs. Let them have plastic if they want it. Saves the vast majority of postponements and provides income source. They are a world away from what Luton and QPR had in the 80's
I sort of agree but think that is a different argument.

the main point is that if that rule was to change any time soon then city could benefit from SJP or any new ground being used 7 days a week for most parts of the day and evening also the women’s team could play at SJP!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sort of agree but think that is a different argument.

the main point is that if that rule was to change any time soon then city could benefit from SJP or any new ground being used 7 days a week for most parts of the day and evening also the women’s team could play at SJP!
Danny's point was essentially about increasing income as I understood it. A plastic pitch would provide an additional source of income, without losing the charm the ground has and the enviable City Centre location and needing to finance the cost/upheaval of moving.

I don't think we should derail the thread by reheating the 'where the women's team should play' argument, although accept that one of the reasons against (pitch wear) would disappear!

Dannyred

Danny's point was essentially about increasing income as I understood it. A plastic pitch would provide an additional source of income, without losing the charm the ground has and the enviable City Centre location and needing to finance the cost/upheaval of moving.

I don't think we should derail the thread by reheating the 'where the women's team should play' argument, although accept that one of the reasons against (pitch wear) would disappear!
Correct, The club need a way of increasing money coming in just in case Young players stop coming through the academy and making the club money over the next few years.
I don’t see a way of the club doing it at the patchwork SJP that’s why a new stadium is essential to move the club forward.

Arthur Davey

So you wouldn’t go much to support the team if they moved ?

As an away fan I thought MK was superb, easy to park, nice place to eat, Oh and lovely seating under cover with a great view and great toilet facilities.

Think about SJP and the embarrassing away end over the years, even now a tin shed bought from a non league ground.

A nice stadium can be what the fans make it inside but most importantly it needs to be one Constantly making money Outside of match days which SJP doesn’t have That potential compared to something like stadium MK
But that’s the thing, oh Danny boy: I idn’ an away fan when I go to SJP; I’m a home supporter (and not a PL-type consumer).

StudentGrecian

Imagine it is plus they are still use it for schools and stuff while they aren’t getting gate receipts and money from fans.
They started ripping it up at the start of August to replace with a grass pitch, which should be settled in and ready for games by mid October. Unfortunately, in order to abide by the FL rules it has cost them that extra income they would normally make over the summer.

denzel

Or Chesterfield since they moved grounds??