• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do me a favour and have a proper look at the place now as it sounds like it was many years ago since you last visited the stadium by the way you talk about the surrounding area of it, They have Restaurants, MK1 Shopping Park,Cinema, Trampoline Park.A Hotel.

The first line you wrote is what you make it as fans and not the stadium.

It goes to show what we could have rather than our patchwork stadium.

Oh and the stadium makes a lot of money outside of football plus the hotel.
Well we have restaurants, a cinema and countless hotels all within a short walk of our ground, as well as a the biggest high street in the region, a leading University, a historic Cathedral, Roman Walls, museums and 2 mainline stations. The coast is 20 minutes away.

Does Winkleman own all the attractions around Stadium MK?

Reactions: WXF

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do me a favour and have a proper look at the place now as it sounds like it was many years ago since you last visited the stadium by the way you talk about the surrounding area of it, They have Restaurants, MK1 Shopping Park,Cinema, Trampoline Park.A Hotel.

The first line you wrote is what you make it as fans and not the stadium.

It goes to show what we could have rather than our patchwork stadium.

Oh and the stadium makes a lot of money outside of football plus the hotel.
Well we have restaurants, a cinema and countless hotels all within a short walk of our ground, as well as a the biggest high street in the region, a leading University, a historic Cathedral, Roman Walls, museums and 2 mainline stations. The coast is 20 minutes away.

Does Winkleman own all the attractions around Stadium MK?
Irrelevant to your first point that there are no facilities except a BK outside the ground which Danny was replying to.

I don't know if Winkleman owns the shops/restaurants/land outside, but there must be a significant deal involving the arena joined to the stadium, the hotel and the steak restaurant within the stadium.

However, that said, I'd rather stay at SJP and join the dots (as and when we need to) than move to a ground like MK's.

Trapdoor

MK is one of the worst away days I've ever done. (And we won!)

Wont ever go back so therefore wont ever give MK any more money. Would even rather go to Curzon Ashton given a choice between MK and them.

David Treharne

Would even rather go to Curzon Ashton given a choice between MK and them.
Ah, but that was a proper day out - even if the football was none too good. They also had proper fans.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
MK is one of the worst away days I've ever done. (And we won!)
When was that ?.....A pretty dismal record at that ground.

On my last visit the day was improved vastly by a visit to a pub beside a canal about 25mins walk from the ground(It may have been called The Barge)

Trapdoor

On my last visit the day was improved vastly by a visit to a pub beside a canal about 25mins walk from the ground(It may have been called The Barge)
Oh my bad - we drew actually. Would have been 2010.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

We go to the Red Lion at Fenny Stratford. The whole area is an industrial estate with large out of town shops and plenty of roundabouts to navigate. Totally soulless.

Grecian Max

“MK Dons, genius”

Danny mate you’re a class accidental troll:LOL:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

Like hants said it was the red lion we went to, the only bright spot of a forgettable day. If we ended up with a ground in an area like mk, i doubt i'd go as much. Very bland and soulless.

Oldsmobile-88

Like hants said it was the red lion we went to, the only bright spot of a forgettable day. If we ended up with a ground in an area like mk, i doubt i'd go as much. Very bland and soulless.
Ah..Yes I remember it was the Red Lion now(I think the Barge was at Canvey 😁)
The place was heaving with Grecians.A nice spot.