• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Goalkeepers?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
How good is the knowledge of lower league goalkeepers on here? Hes played for Bradford, Carlisle, loan stint at Woking and Millwall yet despite playing aginst City a few times, if that, we know his ability and drinking habits. I know very little about him but he seems to fit a category of players that arrive at Exeter. Was a youngster at Chelsea, had a good start to his career with Millwall, played for England at youth level but has seen his career drift. Im sure he is looking to come to Exeter to get his career back on track and establish himself as number 1. We dont do the finsihed article at this club, we cant afford it, but what we do well is take a player who has ability and rebuild them into a player that can contribute to the club. Duffy, Noble, Cureton, Nardiello, Dunne, Golbourne all cast offs who wouldnt have had supporters from their previous clubs shedding a tear over their departure yet all players who make contributions to this football club.

You might be right, he might like a drink and be a sh*t goalkeeper, but lets give him a chance first.
Two drink driving convictions suggests he more than "likes" a drink allegedly

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Didn't we nearly sign this Pigeon chap a year or two ago ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Still need a third keeper imo, for reserves, back up, etc.

wemissmoxey

Still need a third keeper imo, for reserves, back up, etc.
I would prefer it if we had two decent keepers, the second choice could play in the relatively rare reserve matches and if there is an injury we get a loan in - chimples.

MickStagraget

I would prefer it if we had two decent keepers, the second choice could play in the relatively rare reserve matches and if there is an injury we get a loan in - chimples.
Or get Logie in goal, I bet he's brilliant in goal.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Or get Logie in goal, I bet he's brilliant in goal.
I don't know that he would have the fitness level to run the length of the pitch to head a goal in from the far post, to score a critical winning goal and maintain his hero status. ;)

Stu86

How good is the knowledge of lower league goalkeepers on here? Hes played for Bradford, Carlisle, loan stint at Woking and Millwall yet despite playing aginst City a few times, if that, we know his ability and drinking habits. I know very little about him but he seems to fit a category of players that arrive at Exeter. Was a youngster at Chelsea, had a good start to his career with Millwall, played for England at youth level but has seen his career drift. Im sure he is looking to come to Exeter to get his career back on track and establish himself as number 1. We dont do the finsihed article at this club, we cant afford it, but what we do well is take a player who has ability and rebuild them into a player that can contribute to the club. Duffy, Noble, Cureton, Nardiello, Dunne, Golbourne all cast offs who wouldnt have had supporters from their previous clubs shedding a tear over their departure yet all players who make contributions to this football club.

You might be right, he might like a drink and be a sh*t goalkeeper, but lets
give him a chance first.
Well said sir.

AndyB

You might be right, he might like a drink and be a sh*t goalkeeper, but lets give him a chance first.
What he said.

Poultice

Well this should sort a few of the holier than thou's out, the Pidge is currently serving a 3 and a half year driving ban for DD which runs out in March 2013, it was his second offence, the police noticed him because he was speeding and when tested had more than twice the legal limit of alcohol in his blood.

There but for the grace of god goes Luke McCormick.

On a professional basis I have always thought he had some game but spoilt it by being a w*nker with a fairly short attention span, hey there Ricey, always a chance he has grown out of it even though a swift peruse of his Tw*ttering would suggest otherwise.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we nearly sign this Pigeon chap a year or two ago ?
yep -we couldnt catch him at the time...