• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Fan

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Welcome
I love this club, I would support even if we went down to the lowest possible league!
Don't listen to Mr Moxey it is a special club
Myself and many others would not volunteer for a club that wasn't trust owned
I have been attending home games since 2000, my chauffeur hates football but even she's enjoyed the welcoming friendly/family/group atmosphere with ECFC
I particularly like away games with ECFC

Red Lion

An old Mexican proverb sums it up best for me.. :)
I'd add to that;

"Enjoy what you can, endure what you must".

JRFowler

Well thanks for the welcome guys, got a question on where to sit/stand.
I've only ever stood in the big bank, I do like a bit of noise and emotion so that'll prob explain why. Is it worth trying out the other stands around the ground for a different perspective?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Both the stands are quite expensive for L2 football imo although if it's a game like yesterday I doubt people would mind much. The wts looks nicer and has the best view in the ground but is open to the wind and rain. The old grandstand is best for keeping out of the weather including sun in the eyes but you have to pick your seat so that the roof supports don't block your view of the goal or penalty areas.

maybe worth going in each stand for one game to see what you think, but I think the bank is best. The worst thing about it imo is when we switch around and attack the bank for the first half. Yesterday I guess was us winning the toss and choosing that way to give their keeper the low sun but how great would it have been if our late winner had been in front of the bank? Celebration would have been even better.

Thames Valley Red

How about the block closest to the Big Bank, its where people with young kids from the big bank go, there is noise in that section as well, in fact the club should encourage noisy sitters to sit in that block.

UTC

TVR

Antony Moxey

The wts looks nicer and has the best view in the ground but is open to the wind and rain.
Disagree with that. I've had the same seat in there since it was built and have never been affected by the wind or rain. If you sit towards the front or sides of the stand then maybe, but the majority of the stand is well sheltered. The worse thing about the stand weather-wise is on clear winter days when the sun sets over the away end tea hut, mind you on days like those it'll be worse on the bank as you'll have had the sun in your eyes for the whole game.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I must admit I haven't sat in there very often, last time was a few years ago when we did hospitality and were sat in the back few rows. It was very windy and we felt freezing so maybe it isn't always like that. If I was going to pay to watch the football there I would normally be nearer the ends as the middle blocks are even more expensive.

I know what you mean about the sun and if you don't have a cap its a problem on the bank although this time of year the sun tends to go before the second half.

Lstevens

'The song is best sung when losing away from home when a big following has made the effort to go - 1800 at Fratton Park - watch the youtube clips. !'

Really hope this happens again this year - one of the best away days I've had. I win would be nice this time though

budegrecian

Well thanks for the welcome guys, got a question on where to sit/stand.
I've only ever stood in the big bank, I do like a bit of noise and emotion so that'll prob explain why. Is it worth trying out the other stands around the ground for a different perspective?
In short....No :)