• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New director of football?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Knee-jerk reaction. Is a place in the playoffs below your expectations? Do you know what our position will be at the end of the season? Yes, we haven't done so well recently, but few teams have outplayed us. Stop moaning and give the bloke a chance.
The point is we are going backwards at the moment and as everyone acknowledges that MT is young and needs to be given time, what sensible answer is there to the question 'why did Tisdale require a DoF when MT doesn't. Especially as said DoF seems to be doing ok at MK.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
While I don't see this happening, if we were looking for a director of football then I can't think of many better candidates than Brian McDermott.

A former City player, who was the Championship manager of the year not that long ago and will be a familiar face to at least a couple of the players [Jake Taylor and Pierce Sweeney].

What's more, I believe McDermott's agent is a certain Pat Dolan who, clearly, is well connected at SJP so it ain't entirely inconceivable.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The point is we are going backwards at the moment and as everyone acknowledges that MT is young and needs to be given time, what sensible answer is there to the question 'why did Tisdale require a DoF when MT doesn't. Especially as said DoF seems to be doing ok at MK.
My point was in reference to Globe's comment that "it does seem the honeymoon is over". Regarding a DoF, I have no idea if that would be better for us or not. If it is someone who can fit in well, get on with Matt T well, has a lot of contacts in the game and does not break the bank, I guess it could be useful.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to give Taylor a season (at least) without questioning whether or not we need a director of football.

Despite our poor form and dreadful performance on Tuesday we currently remain 6th in the league, that is a better league position than Tisdale and Perryman often achieved during the last 10 years.

It's also worth remembering that having a director of football often doesn't work out very well, Taylor was given the job a few months ago, he deserves to be given a proper crack at it.

Last edited:

Red Monster

I think we need to give Taylor a season (at least) without questioning whether or not we need a director of football.

Despite our poor form and dreadful performance on Tuesday we currently remain 6th in the league, that is a better league position than Tisdale and Perryman often achieved during the last 10 years.

It's also worth remembering that having a director of football often doesn't work out very well, Taylor was given the job a few months ago, he deserves to be given a proper crack at it.
We’re in 7th at the moment ;)