• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Neil Saunders

ianaplincorners

Possibly, Brian but the injury he sustained at the end of April had no impact on his performances earlier in the 2007 season. Maybe someone else can help, is the injury he is recovering from in the same knee as the one that made him miss the previous season and if so, was it the one that was injured against Kings Lynn as mentioned in the website cutting?
At the time I'm sure the club said it was in the same knee but a different injury unrelated to the first injury?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
So he obviously got over the injury pretty well!
Albeit temporarily.

Highly rated by Team Bath he may be, but with that track record of dodgy knees, it does appear to be a 'gamble' signing.

Last edited:

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly, Brian but the injury he sustained at the end of April had no impact on his performances earlier in the 2007 season. Maybe someone else can help, is the injury he is recovering from in the same knee as the one that made him miss the previous season and if so, was it the one that was injured against Kings Lynn as mentioned in the website cutting?
My understanding, malcolm, is that the knee injuries themselves are different (though I don't think they're in different knees). Although they're not directly connected, the cumulative effect of the injuries appears to be to undermine the overall integrity of the knee, making both recovery more prolonged, &, I fear, further injury more likely. I think that this course of events is a potential risk for all injuries, but that certain areas of the body, such as knees, tend to be more susceptible to this cumulative effect...

malcolms

My understanding, malcolm, is that the knee injuries themselves are different (though I don't think they're in different knees). Although they're not directly connected, the cumulative effect of the injuries appears to be to undermine the overall integrity of the knee, making both recovery more prolonged, &, I fear, further injury more likely. I think that this course of events is a potential risk for all injuries, but that certain areas of the body, such as knees, tend to be more susceptible to this cumulative effect...
Thanks Jambo, extremely helpful and very articulate in a non threatening medical sort of way.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that this current injury of Neil's is the result of the surgical treatment of his previous injury from 2007. It was all to do with the amount of bone/cartilage that was shaved off following the original surgery. Unfortunately this was no-ones fault and was sadly unavoidable. Here's hoping he gets over this asap and features in the side soon!

Boston Red

My understanding is that this current injury of Neil's is the result of the surgical treatment of his previous injury from 2007. It was all to do with the amount of bone/cartilage that was shaved off following the original surgery. Unfortunately this was no-ones fault and was sadly unavoidable. Here's hoping he gets over this asap and features in the side soon!
From what I read, he was left with a small hole in the bone/cartilage after a previous operation. I think it was this that he aggravated against Port Vale, tried to rehab from and then succumbed to the surgery to clean it out/up. It would appear that his knee for the most part is structurally sound (he definitely had an ACL replacement in his Watford days, but played a full season for TB after that), but that hole needed fixing. It's fixed now and unless he specifically injures the knee again, he should be OK (fingers crossed!).

BSAD

E&E

For some reason, I can't find the most recent article...

iscalad

On the bench tomorrow night, apparently. I wish him well, especially as it's against Plymuff.

rifraf

I hear on a BBC radio interview from Tis that Neil Saunders is fit and up for selection.

I personally would have thought he might need a bit more match practice in the reserves - knowing how Tis operates. But still, either way a player I am really looking forward to seeing around as I think he's got potential.

Getting knee-deep in midfielders again. And where's Manny at the moment by the way .......?

Still suspended for a few more games after his 2 sendings off on-loan at Rushden. At the moment, don't see how and when he will appear if everybody stays fit. But shows the depth we have.

finetime

Excellent news - bring a bit more width and creativity to our play and good for Harley to have some competition and raise his game further hopefully!