• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Near death experiences

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
...and that was the cooking oil they used all the time anyway!!
Very true.

Although how you would know I don't know, as surely yours would taste of Ketchup......and nothing else. ;)

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
A shat meself at the time.
You were lucky to find a girl so liberally minded, AU.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very true.

Although how you would know I don't know, as surely yours would taste of Ketchup......and nothing else. ;)
Thats absolutely right!! My chips always scream at me to save them from drowning in Ketchup so I do so by eating them! :D

....anyway how on earth did you know about my Ketchup illness??

Last edited:

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Thats absolutely right!! My chips always scream at me to save them from drowning in Ketchup so I do so by eating them! :D

I have my ways......mwah ha ha ha ha......mwah ha ha ha ha ha........mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Actually, I saw a thread once with photos where everyone was taking the **** out of a photo of you eating something with piles of ketchup on it and more ketchup just about to go on......or something...... :)

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have my ways......mwah ha ha ha ha......mwah ha ha ha ha ha........mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Actually, I saw a thread once with photos where everyone was taking the **** out of a photo of you eating something with piles of ketchup on it and more ketchup just about to go on......or something...... :)
Ah thats ok then in that case ill let you off. :D

southamptongrecian

everyone knows about your ketchup fetish.

fred binneys head

Do you ever open your post and think the envelope opened a little bit easier than you thought it was going to?

Like it had been opened before and then re-sealed?.....

Red the Paper

Banned
I am waiting for my first near life experience

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've had several, two I remember in particular.

I fell off a wall as a kid staight onto a row of iron spikes. One went straight through me. Apparantly I was rather lucky in that it was just above my appendix and just below something else (really hitting a void). I remember a trail of blue veins when I got off and it cost me a month in hospital.

The second one was in my late thirties. I had a full time job, was working another 40 hours a week building one of my houses, playing football on a Sunday and rugby on a Saturday, so was generally feeling pretty exhausted. I had a delivery of 500 concrete blocks one Saturday morning, and which were dumped in the road outside. These shouldn't have come until Monday, but I shifted them 40yards up my drive then immediately played a hard game of rugby, playing full back against a very good team. I felt funny in the showers after the game and was taken to Plymouth hospital with very irregular heartbeat. At one stage my whole life flashed by, it was just like watching a reel of old cinema film that had snapped as each scene was very compartmentalised. Very frightening at that stage but I managed to pull myself back from the brink.

Oldsmobile-88

I was wiring in a immersion heater,& had made the near fatal ommission of NOT removing the fuse...I grabbed the live wire in one hand & had the earth in the other!...Boy was i convulsing...The only thing that saved me,was the fact that after about 10 seconds i convulsed backwards & ripped the wire out of the wall...Anyone who has been elecrocuted knows that you can do nothing or shout for help,due to your muscles seizing & lungs contracting....That was a close shave about 20 years ago..

Last edited: