• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nardiello & Goal Line Technology

Grecian1966

This is why we need Goal line technology
From that angle it proves the need for technology because I can't 100% say that shows the whole of the ball has crossed the line. I think it had but clearly there were doubts hence the lack of a goal given.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had it being given a goal we still would have lost.
Did you go to the game?, With 11 players IMO, we were more than a match for them and could well have taken 3 points. But looking at that photo I'm not convinced the ball was TOTALLY 100% over the line.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
From that angle it proves the need for technology because I can't 100% say that shows the whole of the ball has crossed the line. I think it had but clearly there were doubts hence the lack of a goal given.
If the picture had been taken 1/50th of a second earlier, it would have been clearly over the line.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
It obviously didn't clearly cross the line as far as the referee or lino were concerned so it wasnt a goal. Simple really.
It really is that simple, and useful to remind people occasionally

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
That photo is not conclusive, the highlights on Football League show seemed to show it a littlew clearer, but still not conclusively. As frustrating as it was, the last thing we needed was for Nards to go and throw a tantrum like he did and let the whole side down...the boy needs to buck his ideas up as so far this season he has either been AWOL or whinged his way through a game...not impressed.

How comes line judges at Wimbledon can correctly assess 99% of the time whether a small ball travelling at over 100mph has crossed a three-inch line whereas football referees/linesman seem to get the same decision wrong on a weekly occurence with huge balls travelling at half the speed?

S'alright it's rhetorical.

GRECIANS1904

It obviously didn't clearly cross the line as far as the referee or lino were concerned so it wasnt a goal. Simple really.

Had it being given a goal we still would have lost.
goals change matches so would the fact if it was given it would have been 11v11

GRECIANS1904

Ref's favouring the bigger sides nothing changes there, If it was Charlton I bet the goal would have stood

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
goals change matches so would the fact if it was given it would have been 11v11
But it wasnt and the sign of a professional is that you get on with it. Ranting does not help...and Nards found out yesterday that all it did was kill our chance of doing anything in this game. He's got to man-up and show some fight. We all get knocks in life in our day jobs but we dont turn to our bosses and start ranting like he must have done yesterday. Agreed it is not necessarily a fair analogy, but you get the point...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
How comes line judges at Wimbledon can correctly assess 99% of the time whether a small ball travelling at over 100mph has crossed a three-inch line whereas football referees/linesman seem to get the same decision wrong on a weekly occurence with huge balls travelling at half the speed?

S'alright it's rhetorical.
Rhetorical or not, that's all the line judges do - watch the line. Perhaps we need judges on the goal line, 18 yard line, 6 yard line, half way line and touch line, then we'd be comparable to Wimbledon and the lino would only need worry about offsides, throw ins and corners.