• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Naming the new Away End Stand

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed.

Unlike probably most of the people who post on Exeweb I have actually stood in every part of the new covered terrace and can state with confident that it is a good facility. It doesn't feel "second hand" and in fact it is only partly so; the cladding etc. is new and the treads have been refurbished to a very high standard.

Also, many supporters prefer to stand - are people unaware that there is a campaign for safe standing? There are plenty of seats for away fans who prefer to sit (350 for most games).

I never knew TK myself, and rarely saw him play as I had moved away from Exeter during his prime, but doubt if he would be insulted if his name wins the vote. And at least it has brought his name and record back into focus. As Oscar Wilde wrote, “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
I don't see how your second paragraph is related to the naming of the stand. And we already know some spectators like standing - it's hardly news.
I wouldn't presume to know how Tony Kellow would feel about it all - like you I didn't know him. The fact is that it's up to the fans now to decide.

denzel

Woah wait a minute. So people are saying others have voted and instantly regret their vote, claiming they weren't in possession of the full facts. Did someone put something on the side of a bus??

Temporarily Exiled

Results:

St James Road – 725 votes
Tony Kellow – 607 votes
Eamonn Dolan – 577 votes

The new away end will therefore be officially known as the Marsh Kia St James Road Stand.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased with this result. A lot of votes for Eamonn, who wasn't mentioned much in the discussions, if at all.

Grecian2K

"Stewards Enquiry" please.

We were never given the "full facts" during the first vote.

I DEMAND A SECOND REFERENDUM!!! :)

(Seriously though - sensible choice)

Oldsmobile-88

Results:

St James Road – 725 votes
Tony Kellow – 607 votes
Eamonn Dolan – 577 votes

The new away end will therefore be officially known as the Marsh Kia St James Road Stand.
The new name is already on the stand...

Temporarily Exiled

Well, it is known officially as the Marsh Kia St James Road Stand, but it will be too.

LOG

I was at SJP last night and noticed the new sign. Didn't like to anything at the time, mind, and spoil the surprise.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Indeed. Pics from Andy

Colesman Ballz

Very impressive that nearly 2000 votes were cast, that's a percentage turnout that many Council Elections could only dream of !