• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

boffin

Re: music quiz

and maybe not them, themselves...

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster

This question is leaving me dazed 'n' confused, so I'll say they've all recorded songs featuring a theramin.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster

btw, boffin - having lurked for a whole year, what made you finally break your silence? Was it really because you'd finally stumbled across a music quiz question you could answer? Did you set yourself a target of stum lasting a year and a day before gracing exeweb with your words of wisdom?

We need to know...well, I do, anyway...

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster

They've all employed a hurdy-gurdy, man.

STURTZ

btw, boffin - having lurked for a whole year, what made you finally break your silence? Was it really because you'd finally stumbled across a music quiz question you could answer? Did you set yourself a target of stum lasting a year and a day before gracing exeweb with your words of wisdom?

We need to know...well, I do, anyway...
Could be Gozzer, operating under some bizarre pseudonym?

StroudGrecian

I reckon jambo's got it, though I'll go for the Moog which I think was a bit cleverer?

StroudGrecian

Could be Gozzer, operating under some bizarre pseudonym?
Gozzer? A multi?

The poor boy couldn't even change his own avatar.

RIP.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

Gozzer? A multi?

The poor boy couldn't even change his own avatar.

RIP.
Despite knowing an awful lot I don't think that Gozzer has the intellectual capacity to think far enough forward to register a multi and not post for years, only to give life to the multi at a later date.

I think some people are trying to avoid the cold, painful truth. RIP Goozer.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster

I am currently playing an air theramin solo in Goozer [RIP]'s honour.

Meanwhile, while we await boffin's return (I'm hoping he hasn't gone back into his annual hibernation)...the theramin got a pretty good work out during the excellent 50s sci-fi classic, Forbidden Planet... "Monsters...Monsters from the id!"

I occasionally find myself wondering whether we shouldn't think of multi's as exeweb's own monsters from the id...

...such ruminations are altogether more rewarding than thinking about exeweb's monstrous egos...

[thrummy carol]

STURTZ

I don't think it's the use of a theramin at all, not if the lift music is anything to go by. It sounds more like the synthesized tunes you hear on video or playstation games like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Trouble is I have no idea of the names of the sythesisers that produce these tinny melodies.