• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morrissey at Salisbury City hall May 25th

bob wilson

I may have 2 spare Mozzer tickets for the sell out show in Salisbury on May 25th (bank holiday monday).I will know later on today for definate.These tickets are like gold dust and have been changing hands for a lot more than face value.If they are available i would only want face value £32.50.If this is of any interest to any one then please pm me and i will confirm there availability later today .

les.gtfc

A couple of my mates went to see Mozza at Hull Ice Arena the other night and said he was superb.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
A couple of my mates went to see Mozza at Hull Ice Arena the other night and said he was superb.
Did he get through to the next round?

les.gtfc

Did he get through to the next round?

Nah, he kept falling off his skates.

Brian Moore

He hasnt been the same since he started narrating Bob the Builder.

Mike Blackstone

The last time I saw Morrissey he was playing for Aldershot. Pat also played for Coventry City, Torquay United, Crewe Alexandra, Chester, Watford and swansea City. Sadly he died in 2008, aged 60.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
New album's quite disappointing. Lyrically strong as ever but musically very tired.

Love him though.

bob wilson

My Tickets have been taken for Salisbury now but i see he is playing Swindon and Bournemouth in October, more importantly i see half man half biscuit are playing a village hall on Exmoor! What a treat.

Saint James

New album's quite disappointing. Lyrically strong as ever but musically very tired.

Love him though.
Ant, how many listens have you had? As with most Mozza albums they are slow burners and take a number of plays to be fully loved!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had it on in my car for about a week but some of those riffs are just so tired. Still listening to "All you need is me" because of the hysterical lyric, the closest thing to a rapper's battle anthem I've ever heard from a rock star. A couple of other tracks also are worth touching again, but there is nothing to match the genius of either Vauxhall and I or You are the Quarry. Always give his stuff a few listens and his subtle vocal melodies usually require that, but he often finds it difficult to work with anyone as creative as he is and this has held his work back since The Smiths folded.

Best poet of his generation though and there was a very interesting article in The Independent I think the other day which mentioned how many people reference him. There are loads of books and films with titles taken from Morrissey songs. He certainly knows how to pack a punch into a few words, rather like his first love Oscar wilde.