• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe AFC v's Exeter City AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2 25/8/19

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Keep the thread on topic please chaps....we are top of the league 😊

geoffwp

Anyone with better recall than me remember when last time we were top by at least 1 point ?

andrew p long

Anyone with better recall than me remember when last time we were top by at least 1 point ?
Don’t have stats to hand but weren’t we top after ten games the season before last?

geoffwp

Don’t have stats to hand but weren’t we top after ten games the season before last?
Could be. P10 26points so very likely.

Red Devon

Jake Taylor so much more effective in an advanced midfield position

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake Taylor so much more effective in an advanced midfield position

Very true likewise Nicky Law.

PeteUSA

Ward looks like a very good league 2 keeper. Can see him moving up the leagues with or without city in the future.
Ward is an exceptional keeper, and I'd go as far as to say he's the best we've had since Kevin Miller (the first time around), I agree he generally looks like a keeper who should go on to play at a higher standard. I do maintain though that he could have done better with yesterdays goals. Okay the first was a well struck rocket, but he had an unobstructed view of that shot. I dont expect any keeper to give up on a shot from that range without at least trying to get to it. He was only about 2 yards from that shot when it passed him. That second, I'll leave somebody else to field that one. Not much to say really, other than IMHO he had an uncharacteristicly shaky second half.

IndoMike

Law's goal was classy and clever. He took his chance so effortlessly and put the ball in the only place that was not covered by a defender, without seemingly thinking about it. Very good.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Law's goal was classy and clever. He took his chance so effortlessly and put the ball in the only place that was not covered by a defender, without seemingly thinking about it. Very good.
Just typical of him, though. His awareness of what's around him and ability to know where he wants to play the ball before he gets it is, for me, his biggest strength. Like the team as a whole, I don't think he's actually hit top form so far this season yet he's already scored 2 goals and been instrumental to the build-up of several others.

IndoMike

Just typical of him, though. His awareness of what's around him and ability to know where he wants to play the ball before he gets it is, for me, his biggest strength. Like the team as a whole, I don't think he's actually hit top form so far this season yet he's already scored 2 goals and been instrumental to the build-up of several others.
He's clearly a class above: full credit to the club for getting him to City. I think Lee Martin is also an important player for us. We've got a good squad: I just wish we had a more dynamic striker and hope Nicky Ajose will be that man. I'm also wondering about Fisher : I know Bowman works really hard and is very popular, but I also like the idea that Fisher is big and mobile. Just wondering.