• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More PC help required...

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi all,

Once again, I have done something daft with my PC. I allowed it to upload IE8. What I would like to do is have my old browser back (IE7 presumably) someone mentioned that you can get rid of stuff downloaded and go "back to the old way" the other day, sadly, I can't find it nor know how to do this.

Any sensible help is appreciated.

LiamB

one way to do this would be to completely delete IE8 from your control panel within the programmes application. then install IE7 from download.com.

the above is only advised if you have another internet application installed on your PC such as firefox.

angelic upstart

Great idea, but I'm way to scared to do that. I'll ruin old bessie yet, but not that way.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Great idea, but I'm way to scared to do that. I'll ruin old bessie yet, but not that way.
Just stick with IE8. It's sh*te, but it is the best of Microsofts sh*te browser offerings. It's more secure, has better features, and almost actually works. ;)

angelic upstart

I've just downloaded "firefox" Does anyone know how I move my "favourites" across?

LiamB

when you go into the favorties folder it should have a "transfer from other internet browsers" option or something similar.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've just downloaded "firefox" Does anyone know how I move my "favourites" across?
It should offer you that as part of the set up when you first run.

angelic upstart

I did it. Class that.

N.B. I am proper gash when it comes to computers.

LiamB

no worrys joe, me and my brother have always been a bit of a wiz at PC's you know ash :p/

Swanaldo

Stick with Firefox mate. Only downside is that it sometimes takes a while to open when you first use it each day.